Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit



Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.


A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Proof of residence

New Member
Can I use my payslip as proof of residence?
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Pheladi97,


Please be advised that a payslip does not form part of our acceptable proof of residencies as per the FICA Act outline. You can provide any one of the following documents, showing your name and residential address. Unless otherwise stipulated, the documents must show your full residential address and not a post box address:


  • A utility bill, such as water, electricity or rates (less than 3 months) We may accept a utility bill that are addressed to a post box number if it shows your name, erf/stand number, township and suburb
  • A bank statement or financial statement from another financial institution, ie. not within the Standard Bank Group (less than 3 months old)
  • A copy of a signed lease agreement (by both parties), (less than 1 year old)
  • A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
  • A mortgage statement from another financial institution, ie. not within the Standard Bank Group (less than 6 months old)
  • A telephone account, ie. a landline or cellphone account (less than 3 months old)
  • An official tax return/tax assessment (less than 1 year old)
  • Official correspondence from the South African Revenue Services (""SARS"") (less than 3 months old)
  • A recent life insurance policy issued by an insurance company
  • Correspondence from a body corporate or shareblock association (less than 3 months old)
  • A valid television license document
  • A recent short-term insurance policy document or a short-term insurance renewal letter (less than 1 year old)
  • A retail account statement/invoice (less than 3 months old)
  • Where the person live in any type of residence (eg. hostel/barracks) a letter from the administration department of such residence on an official letterhead
  • A letter from a tribal chief where the person lives (only for customers who have a nett income of R5000 or less per month).

For further information on how to stay FICA compliant, kindly make use of the following link:




0 Kudos