Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Releasing of holding deposit

5 REPLIES 5
Bentheman

The same thing happened to me twice especially when i use my Cheque card. I hate this bank with all of my being. I cant wait to finish my loan with them so i can leave it. Its the most stupid ban i ever encountered. And very useless too.

KevinTiyiselani
I have rented cars a number of times between 2017 and 2018 as I was studying in Cape Town. Not once have I received my holding deposit back. At one point money appeared and then disappeared with one minute. Tried liasing with the bank but eventually gave up. I wonder how many thousands are missing now without a trace. Now I don't know which bank to trust.
sora
Hi,
Was this resolved? I'm experiencing the same.
ngomab
New Contributor

I am having the same issue now with a rental I had with Avis. I returned the car on 03 December and and I am still trying to get that money back. 
The transaction is no longer reflecting on my statement but I still have all my proof. I am being sent from pillar to post. Smiley Sad

Zandi81
Occasional Visitor
Standard bank claims to have released back my Thrifty car hire holding deposit but nothing was returned back to my account.
Ngumbela
New Contributor
I have hired a car from Thrifty dollars in East London from 11-10-2019 returned the car on the on 13-11-2019 that holding deposit was never released back to my account. This is the Authorization code from them: 475827