Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

mariettekrug

Good day,

I made a eft payment to an ABSA bank account, but it was the wrong account nr. Can I reverse it and how long do I have to reverse it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Community Coordinator

Good day

An EFT cannot be reversed. You may contact ABSA to enquire if they can contact the account holder and recall the funds from them. 

Regards,

SBSA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
diana
Occasional Contributor

I have by accident made a eft payment to a account that my friend closed 3 years ago, Is there a way to reverse this as i need to pay that money to another account number please help.

And i am working Mon-Fri till 6 , please advise i need to fix this.

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Note that the bank re-allocates the account numbers should one close their account. It is possible that the funds are deposited into a wrong account as you have mentioned already, because if this was into an incorrect account number the system would have returned the money back into your account automatically. You will have to cancel the EFT or email us your details on:  [email protected] so that we can investigate this one for you further.

0 Kudos
diana
Occasional Contributor

Good day

You know i emailed the email you provided, they emailed me once and still nothing...i went into the bank 2 weeks back ,stood in a que for almost 2 hours the guy that helped me says he did a recall,..and the money was supose to be in my bank by now!!!! Im gettin very fed up! Can someone on this comunity chat please help as i desperatly need my money back!!! i am definatly not goin to que again for nothing! its pathetic i am a customer for years so please someone help or im cahnging banks!!

0 Kudos
diana
Occasional Contributor

Good day

You know i emailed the email you provided, they emailed me once and still nothing...i went into the bank 2 weeks back ,stood in a que for almost 2 hours the guy that helped me says he did a recall,..and the money was supose to be in my bank by now!!!! Im gettin very fed up! Can someone on this comunity chat please help as i desperatly need my money back!!! i am definatly not goin to que again for nothing! its pathetic i am a customer for years so please someone help or im cahnging banks!!

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This is concerning.  Please forward, query, contact details and ID number to ask[email protected]standardbank.co.za. One of our consultants will investigate your query and contact you via email.

0 Kudos
diana
Occasional Contributor
Isnt there another alternative email , as this email you gave there is no service whatso ever!!! No one has even ansered me at all!!!
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi, 

Did you add the 'ask' for a[email protected]? I have escalated your query to the consultant who is monitoring the email address I supplied to you.

0 Kudos
diana
Occasional Contributor
Hi
Yes i did
I still have all the emails i send.
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi,

I have escalated your query to the consultant who monitors the mailbox.

0 Kudos
diana
Occasional Contributor
Hello, me again and still not any help from no one at standard bank!! It is now a month i am waiting for help! No one called or emailed.!
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi diana,

I have, I am still investigate this matter, I will come back to you with feedback.

0 Kudos
diana
Occasional Contributor
Hello it is impossible that you guys can take so long to help me get my money back its is now 2 months and no one has given me any feed back! I will be taking this to hellopeter!!
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello diana,

I apologise for the back and forth, I need you to resend the email to ask[email protected]standardbank.co.za. On the subject line please include : Community Matter (diana). I will then ask the team to help resolve this matter. Again, I truly apologise for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Samndlovu0
Since when an EFT can't be reversed?
0 Kudos
Tyrapillay
Occasional Visitor

Hi 

Have you managed to reserve it? Please explan how i can do this as i made a payment to the wrong number 

0 Kudos
Mbhele
I want to reverse money taken by Bayport
0 Kudos