Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

Solved
31 REPLIES 31
SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi CSmith,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The form has been attached to this conversation for your convenience.  Once completed, kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further.

Regards

Silindile

Standard Bank Team

CSmith
Hello Fana
Please send me the same form?
[email protected]
Thank you.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @Zewande.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

The form has been forwarded to you with further instructions.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Warm regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Zewande
Can I please get the reversal form for eft payments
Email: [email protected]
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Fazila.

Thank you for reaching out.

Please take note of the below.

NB:
Fee R292.55.
It’s not guaranteed.
Turnaround time is 10 business days.

Kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further.

Please share your email address so we share the form with you.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Fazila
Occasional Contributor
I need help to reverse a transaction of 3100
wjdebeer78
Good evening .
Can I reverce a eft. The problem.is the person that I eft to won't aproave it. What do.i do
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @ebencoetzee,

Please confirm if this matter was resolved? If not, kindly confirm if this was a cash deposit or Internet transfer from which account to whose account for further investigation?

We will need to share this with our transactional team for further investigation and feedback. In future please share all urgent queries on our social media platform by sharing your details on private message or direct message.

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

ebencoetzee
Ek Eben Coetzee het n betaaling gedoen vir 2 marmoset aappies van R3000 aan A. Mthwesi Rek : 9353 714 395 tak kode : 632005 Bank : Absa en wil graag die transaksie trug trek asb.
Aan gesien daar fooie was waar van ons nie in kennis gestel was nie.kan jul asb die transaksie vir my kanseleer asb.
Eennige vra asb voel getus om my teskakel by 082 5146266
Of julle kan vir my vrou bel johanna Boshoff by 071 495 6001 sy sal jul meer kan help oor die proebleem as ek.

Groot asb stop die transaksie asb stop die stransaksie so gou as moontlik asb so gou as wat julle kan asb.
My vrou kan na Standarbank toe gaan in EAST RAND MALL om die proebleem uit te sort ek het n toesteming brief vir haar skryf en geteken so my vrou kan more 9 uur by standard bank in east rand mall wees asb help my om die transaksie tekanseleer so gou as moontlik asb

Baie dankie
[email protected]
MOSESE
Occasional Visitor
Hi..
I'm unable to pay via EFT
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @mft10810,

Could I kindly advise that you visit your nearest branch or contact the customer care center on 0860 123 000 in order to be assisted with the reversal of funds. The funds can only be reversed provided that the recipient hasn't withdrawn the funds. Please note that reversals can only be done within a period of 45 days.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

mft10810
Occasional Visitor

URGENT

Hi there, I just paid an EFT thinking it was to Payfast to a standard Bank account number. It did not go through but it was debited from my Std Bank account. Can you kindly assist in how to go about stopping/reversing it, as I now suspect that Payfast is a bank-approved beneficiary not a once-off beneficiary.

Thanks in advance!

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @DZZ,

I can imagine your frustration on this, please forward us your account details, ID number, contact details, as well as the details of the account of which the deposit was made into so that we can be able to investigate if the funds are still available, provided that the receiver hasn't withdrawn or spent them. If so, we'll be able to assist with reversing them back into your account. Please forward the requested details to [email protected] with the subject line "Reversing an EFT - Community Query" so that we may be able to identify your query.

Regards,

Mandy

DZZ
Occasional Visitor

I made a payment into a wrong account which I am not sure is in existance any longer - how do I get that money refunded back into my account.  It was made into a standard bank account

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @kwanele26,

The best way to resolve this is to make contact with your insurance broker and confirm if the policy was cancelled as requested previously. You can launch an investigation with them on your cancellation back-dating to 2014. To reverse from our site we can only reverse for this current month, please visit your nearest branch for this reversal or contact us here: 0860 123 000 for further assistance.

Let me should you still require further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

kwanele26

Hi 

an insurance company has been debiting my account after i had canceled the policy back in 2014.do i go to the bank to reverse those transactions?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Luhlangas,

Please tell me more regarding the provided number. I would like to intervene and assist in resolving your query.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Luhlangas
Occasional Visitor
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please call 0860 101 341 for any Debit Order Reversal.

giancarlodaroch
Visitor
I just made an eft to one of my beneficiaries. Please can you reverse this asap. It was an amount of R400. This is urgent. Thank you