Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

Solved
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Antionett.

Thank you for reaching out.

This is a tricky one. If the payment was processed successfully, you will be required to fill in a EAP recall form and request for the funds to be reversed.

If the account does not exist at the bank you paid in error, the funds will be reversed back into your account within 10 working days.

Should you consider reversing your funds, please note the below.

NB:
Fee R310
It’s not guaranteed.
Turnaround time is 10 business days.

Kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further.

Please share your email address so we share the form with you.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Antionett
Occasional Contributor
Reversing an EFT
Antionett
Occasional Contributor
Reversing an EFF
Antionett
Occasional Contributor
I want reverse this EFT because I was paid to the wrong account.
Stuart5
Occasional Visitor

good day 

i have recieved an EFT for stock, and i did recieve the sms notifaction of the payment etc.

i then logged into my bank to look if the money show but it doesnt? so on my transactions it shows +R the ammount but on the total in my cheq account it does not show, does this mean they guy reversed the payment ? or is it just a technical thing ? and both the messages that i recieved is now off my phone ? 

please assist 

Rene2904
Occasional Visitor
I need to reverse a payment made by EFT immediately as the Trust is closing down and I paid them in error.
KurtWill
Contributor

SbSA offers the service telephonically or walk in at a branch. Just by the by, it depends on which EFT it is. Was it a payment you intiated or an EFT debit order. EFT debit order can be reversed immediately if requested within 45 days from debit order date. If it was a pyament you made a request will be sent from your bank to the receivers bank requesting a reversal. The reversal will only be processed if the person who received the funds agrees that the payment was made in error.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @TSHEGOFATSOp,

Please be advised that the option to reverse funds using our online self service portals is not available yet. You will need to visit your nearest branch or contact customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to be assisted with the reversal. Please be advised that this needs to be done within 45 days of the transaction date.

Kind Regards,

Mandy 

TSHEGOFATSOp