Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

Solved
48 REPLIES 48
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good day, Lanceletminnaar.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Kindly note that EFT cannot be reversed on the mobile app.

To have your funds reversed, you will have to request an EFT payment recall. The process can take up to 10 working days. You can use the below link to download a recall form. Once filled in, you can email it back to [email protected].

https://www.businessonline.standardbank.co.za/static_file/Business%20Online/sa/Forms%20for%20profile...

Please let me know if there's anything else that we can do to help

Kind Regards,

Standard Bank Team
Lancelotminnaar
How do a reverse a beneficiary payment
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Gamula_1.

Kindly note that EFT cannot be reversed on the mobile app.

To have your funds reversed, you will have to request an EFT payment recall. The process can take up to 10 working days. You can use the below link to download a recall form. Once filled in, you can email it back to [email protected].

https://www.businessonline.standardbank.co.za/static_file/Business%20Online/sa/Forms%20for%20profile... 

Please let me know if there's anything else that we can do to help

Kind Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Gamula_1
How can i reverse money i sent using my bank app
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Esti.

Oh no! We truly regret the difficulties you have had. We would be pleased to investigate the issues you are experiencing.

Please let us know what error message you encountered when attempting to cancel the scheduled payment.

To help us with our investigation, we would appreciate it if you could send an email to [email protected] with your fraud case number and a screenshot of the error message you received.

We appreciate your bringing this unpleasant experience to our attention. We sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has given you.

We look forward to receiving your email so that we can assist you further.

With regards,

Team Standard Bank

Esti

I have scheduled a Telkom payment monthly however due to December early salary I paid already on 14th December 2023.

Now that I want to cancel the scheduled payment for 27th I can't do so for on my online bank statement it show as already deducted HOWEVER it is today only the 26th.

It has to be stopped prior going through tomorrow for I already paid it for the month. Starndard R1,059

I already have Standard Bank identity theft fo 12 x R5,000 reported by MALL OF THE SOUTH STD on Wednesday 20th around 12h00 and ambulance even had to come for me due to heart pace maker and epilepsy.

Now Standard Bank takes R1,059 of on 27th and refuse me online scheduled payment cansellation as well.

R62,160 down to just above R2,000 and now you take another R1059 early blocked.

How must I live till 24 January 2024 ?

STD fraud division twice let me down and I asked call back yet that also never happened since Wednesday. No sms and no call back.

Single mom 2 children and no food and no Christmas as is and I am a Christian.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Caron24.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please keep in mind that if this was processed to a person, you must enter the person's information rather than the company's.

Once finished, please send it to the email address listed in the upper left corner so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

Caron24

Hi

I downloaded the form, however I am not sure how to complete it. The first section asks for company details, what details is that?

Please help

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Tsheponic.

We value your time spent interacting with us.

Follow the procedures below to reverse an EAP transaction:

Fee R310
It is not guaranteed.
The processing time is 10 business days.

Please email the completed form to [email protected] so that we can assist you further.

If you choose to reverse the funds, the link below will take you to a dispute form where you can reverse the cash.

We hope the information offered above is useful to you.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Tsheponic
Occasional Visitor
Hi I would like to reverse an eft it was send with more amount than it was supposed to be send thank you
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Vuy.

We appreciate you contacting us.

We acknowledge that the feedback that you got was not positive.

Please keep in mind that we have a process to follow and must obtain approval from all parties before we can take any action.

We regret for exceeding the TAT you anticipated. Our team needed to make certain that their investigation was thorough.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

Vuy
Does this option really works, I submitted my forms immediately, The first enquiry was closed after submitting a number of forms and calling to do a follow up, after 17 days I received an email stating that the account I was reversing from had no available funds and I must ask the person to resend the money

After how many attempts did STD try to access the account

And the turnaround time was too long from. Standard bank being sent from pillar to post

Now my money is gone just like that,,,Standard bank just keeps on disappointing me
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Ndumiso9.

Thank you for reaching out.

EFTs from Standard Bank to Standard Bank take 0–24 hours.

EFTs to other banks take 2–3 working days.

Both may be delayed when processed over the weekend or on a public holiday.

Should you still wish to reverse the funds, please take note of the following:

• Fee R310
  • It is not guaranteed.
  • The processing time is 10 business days.

To download the dispute form, please click the link below, then forward it to [email protected] for further assistance.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Ndumiso9
Hi. I like to reverse the payment that is done today on the 03 November 2023 a person says they didn't received that payment thank
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Seipati_21.

Thank you for alerting us.

You may use the link below:

Kindly tell us if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Seipati_21
The link to access the form is Invalid
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @boodramnikita46.

We value your time spent interacting with us.

Follow the procedures below to reverse an EAP transaction:

Fee R310
It is not guaranteed.
The processing time is 10 business days.

Please email the completed form to [email protected] so that we can assist you further.

If you choose to reverse the funds, the link below will take you to a dispute form where you can reverse the cash.

Regards,

Fana.

boodramnikita46

Hi, I would like to reverse a payment that had been done on the 15 July 2023. 

I have not authorized that payment to go through this month, 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Roston1081.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We provided instructions to follow if you want to reverse an EAP.

Have you given the instructions we offered below a try?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Roston1081
New Contributor
I want to reverseca payment made to my wife thst is not reflecting as available but latest . She needs the money to buy food and meds