Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Routing number

Solved
Mweetwa
New Contributor
not helpful... still the routing number not provided
leonalchemist

3 years ago, no one has figured out the routing code yet and even where to look, I've been requested for a 6 digit international routing code. We need clear instructions onwhere to find it, not a giant website with thousands of links that may or may not have in the answer somewhere..

gmm
New Contributor
i find this reply very confusing and not helpful - the question was for a routing number which many people on thia forum topic are looking for . In the replies there is a lot of obfuscation - if you google FNB routing numbet it’s an easy answer - try it ! this is not an answer
but a confused ramble of concepts that leads nowhere coherent sadly! Very curious !
bekstie
New Contributor

I am currently at standard bank, with my laptop and i have been here for an hour, on my screen i am connected to pay pal where they ask for that number. no one at this branch knows, so they called the IT guy to find out. who doesnt know

bekstie
New Contributor

Yeah neh, i just made a sale to some one in Germany and they asked for an invioce, so I am up at 3 am setting up pay pal. I am doing so cus they expect the invioce in there email when they get to the office.... this is Germany theres no such thing as African time.

thank you standard bank so much for the situation I am in now re the routing number. Now i have to go, like I have been this entire week, and go and sit and waist time at the branch and talk to people that do not know what is going on. 

Ihave had enough with you, this and many many other issues.

Deimos
PietSteun
WHY ARE YOU GUYS JUST REFERRING EVERYONE TO A BRANCH OR ANOTHER HELP DESK???? WHY DOESN'T STANDARD BANK HAVE A ROUTING NUMBER OR SIMPLY TELL PEOPLE THERE ISN'T ONE???? I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS BANK AND THEIR CONSTANT FAILURE AT HELPING CUSTOMERS, YOUR NAME SAYS IT ALL, standard, YOU CAN EXPECT ME TO TERMINATE MY ACCOUNT WITH YOU, I've had enough of this joke
NewAgeExplore
Occasional Visitor

I am trying to link my paypal account to wix website so that online payments are applicable. It asks for the routing number. It seems as if no one can figure this out. Is there a number for someone at Standard Bank who can help me? Or is it as easy as typing in a few numbers?

miloman99
New Contributor
Couldn't help but laugh at @Boitumelo being absolutely useless on this forum. Let's switch banks. This bank has no Routing number it seems. I have been searching High and Low but found nothing but useless Standard Bank consultants.
Nicolenevdl
Occasional Visitor

I read through all the replies and not once were any of the replies from Standard Bank helpful at all!!! I want to use my debit card for online purchases but Standard Bank says I cannot!!! My money my choice how I would like to use it, is it not??? They try force a person to open a cheque account, hence higher transaction fees, admin fees etc, etc, etc. Seems like its just a money making business for Standard Bank. I refuse to open another account, change the block on our debit cards so we can utilies facilities, or do we need to change banks because our bank doesn't want to accomadate our requests????? As for the routing number, why can u not in a simple message give it to us??? Why give is links to another Standard Bank website when we all just end up right back her??? Do u not understand us or do u like to give poor service and keep customers aggitated?????? I am NOT stupid and would like a straight forward answer, WHAT IS THE ROUTING NUMBER????????

Boitumelo
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @cssesq

Please note that when linking your account to Pay-pal using debit card this will require the routing number, which it is impossible to use the debit card for on-line transactions. You will notice that a debit card doesn't contain a CVV number hence it will not allow you to link an on-line account or further to make on-line purchases. The universal branch is applicable (051001) where you linking your on-line transaction or making on-line payments from a Pay-pal to your bank account (cheque or credit card only). This will also depend if you are sending or receiving money using Pay-pal which you will need your swift number or IBAN as they serve the same purpose for linking the account for transaction to take place.

For more information on your on-line transfers and payments please follow the link provided: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/...

Let me if this was helpful or should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

cssesq
Visitor

I am also searching for the Standard Bank routing number for the same purpose. The information provided in this entire discussion is NOT helpful as it does NOT answer the original question asked. I have been able to link PayPal to three other local banks with NO issues whatsoever related to finding their respective routing numbers.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Banker

Routing numbers are provided by the paying customer bank (051001) for standard bank which is universal, IBAN is what we call a Swift code. 

We need to establish if you are sending or receiving money so that we can give a clear direction on how we can resolve this. Note the Paypal to provide you with the routing number for linking both accounts.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Banker
New Contributor

@Boitumelo

Please read and respond to the above, taken 3 days to resolve the above issue thus far.

Regards

Nelia

Banker
New Contributor
Hi Boitumelo

Thanks, but I have been on that exact page for probably a total of 4 hours firstly trying to find the "routing number" (not there) and now trying to find the correct IBAN number i'm supposed to use for Paypal... and I am still unsure, as I do not see our IBAN number on the page, as we are advised to send people our "SWIFT code". I just see other countries IBAN numbers. Also, Paypal asks for a 9 digit routing number... so still unsure how a 20 something long digit IBAN number would be accepted on their site, If I am supposed to enter the SWIFT code, I have tried it and it does not work.

Please assist , I will need your intervention, thanks!

Kind Regards
Frustrated banker
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Banker,

We use the IBAN as the routing number for all your international payments or transaction. You can still use the pay pal account with the IBAN to make your international transactions. Please follow the link for more information on this: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/....

Note you will have to make contact with pay pal to link both accounts (Paypal to Standard Bank). Kindly let me know should you still require my intervention on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Banker
New Contributor

What is Standard bank's Routing number??? It is readily available for other banks such as Nedbank on their webpage, and I find it rediculous that we do not have it available on ours. I understand we have joined the IBAN community and now use swift codes but HOW can we then add a paypal account. I do not understand, do I need to open another bank account with another bank who CAN provide me with a routing number?

Stirling_Leves
You make this Forum redundant if you just direct people to customer care elsewhere.
Or at least my take on it.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, please call our Self service Banking Helpdesk on 0860 238 837 for assistance.

ras

What is a routing number? What is STANDARD BANK'S routing number?