Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Routing number

Solved
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @clarencekuda,

We use the IBAN as the routing number for all your international payments or transaction. You can still use the pay pal account with the IBAN to make your international transactions. Please follow the link for more information on this: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/....

Note you will have to make contact with pay pal to link both accounts (Paypal to Standard Bank). Kindly let me know should you still require my intervention on this.

Regards,

Mandy

karish201
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying to connect my account to PayPal. I will use it for payments and receiving money. I have a debit MasterCard with my student achiever account. Will I be able to change my card to a cheque card since the debit is not usable in online transactions?
clarencekuda
Occasional Visitor

Hi. 

I have been facing the same "routing number" problem. I want to withdraw funds from my PayPal Wallet. However, it requires me to add a bank account and for me to do so I need to provide the routing number for my bank. Can you please assist me on how I get the routing number for Standard Bank. 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @karish201,

Please note that we first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money. A routing number is an IBAN number required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift code will then have to be provided together with your banking details. The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... for more information.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

karish201
Occasional Contributor
How can I receive my routing number? I called customer care and was given the branch code. I received a standard bank email saying the routing number is the branch code and account number merged.
Go to the solution >