Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Routing number

Solved
24 REPLIES 24
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Okuhle82.

Thanks appreciate you contacting us.

We provided instructions on how to link your account to PayPal using a routine number.

Have you given it some assessment?

We forward hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Okuhle82
Occasional Visitor
Please provide the routing number
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day Everyone.

Thank you for contacting us.

Please keep in mind that you cannot link a Standard Bank account to your PayPal account.

Check out the link below for instructions on how to link the card.

https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/how-to-guides/link-bank-account?locale.x=en_C2#:~:text=Linking....

Our routine number is 043000847.

We hope this helps to solve your question.

Thank you very much, Fana.

lebohangmofoken
What is the routing number for gold debit card on PayPal.
Rosmaud53
What is the standard bank routing number
Dov

what is standard bank,s routing number for paypal

nnwcu

May I please have the Standard Bank Routing number? I need it for my Paypal account.

Thank you.

Charl70
Thanks Skopiirwin! VERY helpful!
CDB-Blog
Occasional Visitor

I need a routing number for paypal account where do I find this?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @haydenjohanon,

Please be advised that there are no fees associated with upgrading your account however, there are various monthly fees associated with the different cheque accounts offered by the bank. A student achiever account has monthly fees of R5.30 and an Elite cheque account would cost R100.88 in monthly fees. You are able to upgrade your account to an Elite provided you earn a monthly income of R5 000. You will need to visit your nearest branch in order to be assisted with the upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

haydenjohanon
New Contributor
Was there any charge to upgrading your account to a cheque card or are the costs still the same as with the previous student achiever account?
haydenjohanon
New Contributor
Was there any charge to upgrading your account to a cheque card or are the costs still the same as with the previous student achiever account?
karish201
Occasional Contributor
Hey there. I finally got around to linking it after trying for idk how long. I upgraded my card to the new student card and new account too. Then I linked the card onto PayPal and just be careful when they ask for the 4digit code it's the one on your bank statement. I was very lost with that part until I saw it appear on my bank statement online. Good luck and hope this helps.
debbieslom
New Contributor
Especially seeing today you cannot call a branch anymore
debbieslom
New Contributor
According to pay pal the routing number is the nine digit number on the left hand corner of a cheque. My branch is milnerton I called a consultant explained exactly this she promised to call me with it. She didn't Aiyyyyah I'm frustrated!!!!
MandyP
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @karish201,

Kindly note that you are able to upgrade your account and still keep your account number. All you need to do is to visit your nearest branch with your ID book and proof of residence in order to be assisted with the upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

karish201
Occasional Contributor
Will I be able to only change my card and not my whole account?
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @karish201,

My understanding is that you were using debit MasterCard which limits your online transactions. First step is to change this account to cheque in order to transact online, secondly you will link your cheque account with Paypal in order to do inter-transfer between accounts.

We only use the IBAN as the routing number for all your international payments or transaction. You can still use the pay pal account with the IBAN to make your international transactions. 

NB: Note you will have to make contact with pay pal to link both accounts (Paypal to Standard Bank).

Let me know should you still require my intervention on this.

Regards.

Boitumelo

karish201
Occasional Contributor

Still a very confused human here. I followed the link I found nothing. I saw another post about the iban number being in your online profile when you log in. I tried that too. And I got nothing. May I please have a direct source to where I would find it. I feel like I went on a goose chase.