Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

SPECIAL CLEARANCE

9 REPLIES 9
Flabba1_
But then what is the use of paying that extra fee, if only we will have to wait for normal time still?
prish
Occasional Contributor
Thanks well after this event and numerous calls to the call centre staff I've completely lost interest in standard Bank.

I had bills to pay.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, we will request that the Branch contacts you so that they explain the clearance to you in detail. We have requested your contact details via email.

prish
Occasional Contributor
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, please confirm which branch you visited.

prish
Occasional Contributor
On Friday the day after I deposited the cheque my account was debited for the special clearance fee all fair and we'll.... The fee was taken out from the money that I deposited.

If there are security checks which no one person can provide a proper time frame for, how does one trust a branch and contact centre level?

I've paid you guys to do my clearance which since Thursday has not been done now I'm told it's 3-7 working days and without the clearance it's 7-10 so in actual fact there is nothing "special" about special clearance if I waited and would have saved the money I lost by paying a special fee for a teller and contact centres misinformation
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Prish, I am not sure if I follow what you are saying.

prish
Occasional Contributor
My next question is payment is made for special clearance only to be told it's as good as leaving the cheque and just wait the normal turn around time.

So how do u guys access the funds when it's inaccessible to its rightful owner?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, special clearance normally takes 3-7 working days.

prish
Occasional Contributor
Hi can someone please advise the turn around time for a cheque deposited into my Standard Bank account and has special clearance.

Been waiting since Thursday and I've been getting mixed dates and information from the branch and call centre.

Standard bank has already taken the fees for the special but my funds are not available to me.

Thank You