Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Scam emails

Solved
3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Earl3.

Thank you for reaching out.

Thanks for helping us combat this.

We do apply to domain registrars to take down scam domains as soon as we become aware of them.

We have an aggressive defensive strategy in place in an effort to remain a step ahead - but this is not always fallible.

Please do continue to forward any suspicious emails to [email protected].

For more information on staying secure online, see https://bit.ly/SBSAsecurity.

Regards,

Fana.

Earl3
I am so sick and tired of relentless daily phishing email that appear to come from @StandardBank.co.za domain!! I have reported these to the bank's phishing link many dozens of times... never any response in the slightest. I have asked my business bankers about this, they never reply in respect of either. I have blocked so many that now every single email from the bank (even legitimate) ends up in my junkmail.
WHY do these scam emails come through on the bank's legitimate domain, and WHY o' why can't they do something about it??
It's truely sickening.
Does one seriously need to change either your email address or banking provider to get rid of this?
russel
Solution
Community Manager

Thanks for helping us combat this. We do apply to domain registrars to take down scam domains as soon as we become aware of them. We have an aggressive defensive strategy in place in an effort to remain a step ahead - but this is not always fallible. Please do continue to forward any suspicious emails to [email protected].
For more information on staying secure online, see https://bit.ly/SBSAsecurity.

Tulnaree

I have received a number of emails from [email protected] which are clearly scam emails. I have referred a number of these to the Standard Bank phishing portal. Of course they never respond but what I want to know is why Standard Bank has not taken down this scam address which seems yto be domiciled inSouth Africa. I am sure it catches a lot of clients. Please get rid of it.

Go to the solution >