Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Security questions are ridiculous

Solved
1 REPLY 1
russel
Solution
Community Manager

The questions are based on info from credit bereaux and are randomised. Perhaps check if the question you have cannot be answered on the app or online banking.

AWhitehouse
Occasional Visitor

I have had it with Standard Bank and their ridiculos security questions - EVERY single time i phone I fail, and have to wait 24 hours to phone back. The questions are SO obscure, they are almost designed for you to fail - one example - do I have a furiture store account - well I have an @home account, which sells furniture but is that correct? Apparently not. It has become impossible to get any service because you are constantly failing and having to phone in another 24 hours later. I understand that this is done for our security - but really and truly, there are less obscure questions that can be asked - I am literally going to be phoning other banks today to see if I can move all my accounts, because this is just insane. You are chasing people away.

Go to the solution >