Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Spam emails from SB without unsubscribe: webinars

4 REPLIES 4
jimjones
New Contributor

I am still getting these spam emails. Just got another one.

NO UNSUBSCRIBE LINK.

Jesus christ what a joke. HOW THE HELL DO I UNSUBSCRIBE?!?!?!? IS IT POSSIBLE

jimjones
New Contributor
Ok, I forwarded all 8 webinar spam emails to [email protected] . THanks
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @jimjones,

The best way to resolve this is to share the emails with us so that we can flag this with our IT team.

Please assist mail us here: [email protected]

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

jimjones
New Contributor

This may not sound like a big deal, but if big corporates can spam their own customers whenever some executive has a genius idea or affiliate service to foist on them, without providing mechanisms to opt out, what sort of precident does that set for any business when it comes to digital conduct? It really is unacceptable and they must be held to account.

jimjones
New Contributor

I am constantly spammed with emails like this one:

April Webinar : Economic overview with Kevin Lings

These are from [email protected] so SB needs to take responsiblity for them. There is no unsubscribe link. You can imagine phoning support and trying to get them to stop sending unsolicited spam without unsubscribe links. I have tried to complain but no one has the agency to get unsubscribe links into these spam emails. Someone at SB has just given permission to spam their customers from their offical email address.

The reply to address is [email protected]

IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND UNSOLICITED EMAIL ADVERTISMENTS WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO OPT OUT. https://ispa.org.za/spam/south-african-law/

Regardless from what 'department' of SB these emails orginate, they use the official address and thus SB is illegally spamming me. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE PRACTICE.

I obviously don't want to block [email protected] email address. How can we get this bank to stop sending spam to customers without consent or opt out option. How can I opt out of these webinar emails?