Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Stop orders and bank charges and access save

1 REPLY 1
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Mike, this is concerning. Can you please forward me your contact details and ID number to [email protected], so I can investigate this further.

mike10muk
Occasional Visitor
Opened a access save account in April, wasn't informed when I opened it that to access the money I need to pay a R50 penalty, worst of all I had a stop order on it , I'm a student and sometimes my money comes 2/3 days late, but the stop order resulted in me losing R375 over 3 months to penalty fees, also not informed about the penalty fee, as a student I don't even know how to handle this issue worst of all I'm angry about the way I was mislead to believe that opening an account with standard bank as a student was the best option with all the underlying details completely hidden. I don't know if there is a law to protect me as a consumer with regards to recovering my money ,despite being little to most but a lot to me, if anyone is willing to help I would appreciate it, besides that I plan on cancelling my accounts with standard bank, not because they unreliable or anything but because of the way they went about hiding information and choosing to not tell the full story, is a half truth a lie? That is the question I am asking standard bank. In my opinion it is, I will wait for a response.