Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Terrible service

MarkDurrheim

I think people should be warned about depositing money at bank machines...especially Standard Bank. I was paid out cash for a motorcycle and needed to pay for another motorcycle by a certain deadline. I decided to deposit the cash early at 7.30am and the machine accepeted the R9000 and then proceeded counting until a note came up on the screen "money retracted". No slip issued at all. I was taken aback and had to wait for the bank to open to try and get my money.

I was told that there is nothing they could do and I should fill in a form and wait. I waited 2 hours and returned and was told that they could do nothing about it and I should just wait for when the company that deals with the machines comes around.

I explained I had a deadline for the R9000 and was told that they could do nothing about it and that they would only have a look the following day. Having been with this bank for 40 years I would have expected to have been offered a short overdraft facility based on my track record...but nothing doing. I have lost the purchase of this motorcycle and am actually appalled at the lack of responsibility that Standard Bank takes with this matter.