Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Tranfer from savings to another bank

5 REPLIES 5
KurtWill
Contributor

If the account remains frozen and you urgently require some money the only other option is to withdraw some cash at an ATM. Unfortunately there is bigger costs associated when using physical cash.

SIAS
New Contributor
Thank you, they told me to open a savings account to transfer my salary into when the unfreeze account, just to get my salary out. But now If that is done i don't know how i am going to use it from that savings account. But thank you very much for the feedback
KurtWill
Contributor

Unfortunately youwill need to contact your Deby Cousellor to assist with facilitation of payments. This answer is based on the general experience and not specific to the arrangements you have in place. This, in my opinion, is the best place to start.

SIAS
New Contributor
My cheque account is frozen because I am under debt review. And my salary will be paid into that cheque account tomorrow, how do I get it into my new account with another bank.
KurtWill
Contributor

Direct payments from your puresave account is not allowed. Unfortunately you need to find out what the freeze is for and get the bank to lift the freeze. That is assuming you have provided the correct documentation, information etc. to have the account unfrozen.

SIAS
New Contributor
How do I transfer funds from my puresave account to my Fnb account, seeing that I can't use my cheque account, because it is frozen.