Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Transaction taking too long

2 REPLIES 2
da3

I have really had enough of standard bank,i am thinking to move to another bank.Yesterday i wanted to purchase a vechicle via immidiate eft transfer as i have the funds in my account R199 990.It was explained to me by the bank that the immidiate transfer option is not available and should i wish to do an immidiate transfer i have to withdraw the money from the teller and pay an extra R4000 because i am withdrawing from the teller.So my question is why should i be the one paying this extra money if the bank is having technical issues?I pay my banking fees so why should i be the one to pay this extra money and now i was forced to do a normal eft without special clearance as the bank does not provide me with this option and now have to wait 4-6 working days for my new car.This is not working for me i did not borrow the money from standard bank this is my own money that i earned from working hard and now i cannot do anything with it.And on top of it all standard bank wants me to invest my money with them.Sorry Standard bank.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Hr72,

Transactions between should ideally clear immediately while transfers to other may take 2 to 3 business days to clear. Can I kindly ask that you forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "transaction not cleared" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Hr72
My Friend made a transfer to my account from her standard bank account an hour ago...the money is not reflecting on my account and i need to use it now..... please help