Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Unauthorized Naedo Debit order

Solved
11 REPLIES 11
MandyP
Solution
Community Coordinator

Good Day,

Please be advised that you can now reverse unauthorised debit orders on the online banking platform, as well as, the mobile banking app. Please visit: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-Online-Bank... for more information on how you can reverse your unauthorised debit orders on the online/internet banking platform, as well as, https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Key-app-features/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-the-Mobile-... for mobile banking app reversals.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Louis1978
Why does standard bank take between 24 and 48 hr and other banks is immediately? Can't they speed the process up?
Ktee_2016
New Contributor
Ktee_2016
New Contributor
Me too... this is getting out of hand.
Masogesi
New Contributor
This is totally unacceptable. The fact that the debits are fraudulent also means that as a victim, i do not know who the company/ individual debiting my account is. Banks seem to be unwilling to assist in stamping out these practices. The fact is a debit instruction also carries details of the beneficiary account. If the bank receives several complaints about a debit from the same company, that should be a reason enough to suspend such beneficiary accounts and initiate legal proceedings against such companies ir individuals on behalf of the bank clients. It does not speak well of the banks to always claim tied hands in pursuing justice on behalf of their clients. Very soon clients will start voting with their feet, migrating their accounts to banks who care. Std bank, please chart the way and get a better handle on this. Your responses simply show your lack of care for the welfare of your clients. Banks seem to have a selective conscience when it comes to dealing with fraud. Remember the Gupta saga and how banks were swift in closing their accounts claiming fraud was committed but when there is evidence of such, banks are quick to claim inabily to act because these are 3rd party generated debits. This is really absurd. Stop acting like we as your customers are stupid and deal with these matters once and for sll
Tkzee
New Contributor
I don’t understand how std bank requires me to track/stop a debit order I did not initiate and further investigate a company I don’t even know. The origin of the transaction is between the company and the bank yet it’s my responsibility🤷🏾‍♂️?
A simple control is that each debit order transaction should have my authority whether electronically or signed form filed by the bank. It would make more sense to assume responsibility if someone forged my signature but if someone accessed my details and just instructed my bank to pay from my account and my bank actions this without any control check, there’s a serious control weakness there.

Fact is is Most of us don’t know these companies or where they get such sensitive information. I’m also convinced that there can be an IT solution that can at least detect abnormal debit orders such abnormal date of order, common reference used in previous fraudulent orders etc.

I’m also told other banks allow these queries to be raised via App, surely that is convenience.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Margie,

Our contact centre or your nearest branch can log a request to validate all active debit order so that you can have the details of the service providers. This will allow you the opportunity to contact the organisation that is debiting your account and held them liable for unauthorised debit order. 

You can also email us here: [email protected] with your full query so that our service team can log a ticket for you.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Margie
New Contributor

cancel such debit orders with the service provider or the organisation that is debiting your account.

This is impossible if you do not know who it is. Standard bank cant tell you who it is.

I am going to hand this to a lawyer to deal with idf this is not managed at the soonest opportunity.

Margie
New Contributor

Good day

I have an unauthorised Naedo Debit Order on my account. I have been trying for years to get it off my account. This is unacceptable practise from Standard Bank. I have reported it numerous times. I have asked for it to be blocked. I have literally paid thousands of rands unnecessarily. I do not know who is drawing the money. The dates change all the time. I do not know when it was first authorised and to whom. Please can this be investigated now. I feel Standard bank is aiding this practise by refusing to assist. The amount is R299.50. Sometimes it comes off twice a month. 

Please please can someone get involved with this now.

Regards

Margie Biggs

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @ben1,

The best way to resolve this will be to reverse the debit order and that will be via our call centre (0860 123 000) or your nearest branch. Kindly note that we can cancel but the service provider can change reference at anytime and try to gain access to your account. 

You might need to cancel such debit orders with the service provider or the organisation that is debiting your account.

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

ben1
New Contributor

I've had the same problem 3 months in a row and i was told that standard bank has no control over these debits as they are loaded through the Payment Association of SA, all they can simply do is reverse the transactions, talk about keeping our funds safe in the bank :-(

Calvin1
Regular Visitor

Good Day 

Please assist with cancelling these unuthorized naedo debit orders on my account. The one is RNM Hold XXXXXXX171125 and the other is LUV More XXXXX171201.

I cannot be held liable to pay the debit order stop as these company do not have the authority to deduct from my account. Standard Bank needs to start verfying with their customers before allowing debit orders to deduct from our accounts.

Please urgently assist . 

Go to the solution >