Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Updating personal details when living abroad

5 REPLIES 5
Fabrice
Occasional Visitor
gofix
Occasional Contributor

Prompt good hashtags for selling shoes on Twitter. Looking for tags that sell any shoes well. Can I see somewhere statistics on hashtags?

Brammy
New Contributor

Hello Boitumelo

I do not have any screen error. The problem is that I have changed address, email address and telephone numbers. I lived in Germany but now live in the UK. I am unable to update any of these through online banking or the app. I have exchanged emails with your useless customer support team, during which I provided account details and answered security questions. I have spent the equivalent of about a thousand Rands on phone calls to the same people, during which I have been cut off a number of times, and passed from one person to another. I cannot get  through to the branch where my  account is. I hve been trying since October and am getting nowhere. This is very frustrating and stressful. My requirements are surely simple enough. In the meantime I am having to keep my old email adddress just so that I can communicate with SBSA, even though I need to close it for security reasons. Since you asked, my account details are:

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 01-278-993-3   

SORT CODE:  01-23-45  MENLYN BRANCH

NAME: PETER DONALD BRAMHALL  ID:  4405285116189

Regards

Peter Bramhaall

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Brammy

Apologies for your experience. Please forward us your full account details and the screen error on your app for further assistance on this. Once we receive this information we will review with our service team and feedback.

You can mail us here: [email protected] or contact us via social media for a quick response on both Facebook and Twitter.

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Brammy
New Contributor
I've got similar problems. I have tried emailing the so-called help centre and also somebody at the branch whose address I know, have spent over £60 on international calls to these useless people, have been passed from pillar to post, been cut off multiple times, and repeatedly told that I must call in at my nearest branch (I live in the UK), but have got nowhere. I have been left shaking and sick with rage. I can't even see my address or phone number on this rubbish app. I dearly wish I could close my account at this pathetic bank, but I have to keep it open to deposit proceeds from my pension investment. IF ANYBODY FROM SBSA ACTUALLY READS THIS, WILL YOU PLEASE RESPOND?
Bella22
New Contributor

I recently immigrated and need to change my details with Standard Bank. My OTPs come through to my email already, but the bank recently phoned my ex employer to check on "suspicious card transactions" even though all my cards are set up for international use. I want to change my contact details, but obviously cannot go into the bank to do that. How do I go about this? The lady I spoke to RE the transactions promised to email me the info, but hasn't done this.