Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Virtual card

30 REPLIES 30
A_
New Contributor
I have followed the all the rules but when I get to tap virtual card on my app it's not responding at all
A_
New Contributor
Hi, how are am trying to create a virtual card through my app but seem to meet problems. When am tapping virtual card on app its not responding its like freezing, but I nothing is happening at all. I wanted to know if there is another way to do it?
Cpmabuza1426
I would like to make online purchases
Walt
Frequent Visitor
Hi, if someone wants to pay into my chq card, and I'm not happy to give them my card details can they pay into my virtual card. If not why not.
Thx
NickF
New Contributor

Hi there

Can you please liaise with your system developers and ask them to enable the Standard Bank Internet Baking website to see, manage, load amounts and do all things considered with respect to the Virtual Card.

It honestly makes no bloody sense that the mobile app is so divorced from the SB internet banking website that one can only & exclusively manage/load the SB Virtual Card on the SB mobile app.

What happens if something happens to the SB user's phone and the user wants to use/load/manage the SB virtual card? Example: phone theft / loss of functionality - software issues.

Please ask your developers and business analysts to exercise some proper critical & intelligent thought over the full spectrum of a user's needs & reasonable scenarios - SB is domiciled in SA and mobile phone theft is highly likely in SA; hence there should be a way to manage/use the virtual card without needing to go and immediately buy/get a new phone device).

If you have a website, it should be maintained with all the functionality on the mobile app and vice versa - using a virtual card isnt a mobile specific type of service or application, anymore than using a credit or cheque card.

If there is a way to use to the virtual card on the SB internet banking website as at today, then please indicate where and how this is done.

With thanks,

Rabia2
New Contributor

How do I download a statement for my virtual card?

Renato2000
New Contributor
Hello, I can’t use my virtual card and I don’t know why
Peanutbunny
New Contributor
It's so frustrating, I topped up r2000 on my virtual card to use at dischem, the amount was under r2000 , it said withdrawal limit exceeded, my limit was set to r10000 , and not even used for the day, then I tried to withdraw from the virtual card to my Normal account and couldn't even do that said error, so frustrating, I came from FNB to standard bank, it seems like standard bank is even worse than FNB , might as well move back

Why have a feature when it doesn't even work in the first place?
RyanMwansa
Occasional Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem

Loyiso
Visitor
It says I must have a current account to open a virtual card,kanti what account am I?😏😏
chabberton
When I select explore products a blank screen loads.

Is there a reason for this?
HowardB
Occasional Visitor

Good day,

I'm a long-time Prestige client and tried to create a virtual card per the instructions via the banking app. The tile is created on the dashboard, but when I try to create any type of virtual card I get a message saying that I am not allowed to create a virtual card online and must visit my branch (which is now closed down by the way) and take my proof of address? Why, I am already FICA verified?! Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Regards, Howard

Fosjoh
Occasional Visitor

It seems that this now freezes on the "get Started" button. Have been trying to get a virtual card but can't get past this point.

Calebvangraan98

The card is useless I cant use it anywhere🤷‍♂️ whats the point of an online shopping card that doesnt work on any of the online shopping sites

Akhona
Frequent Visitor

Can't create the card using the App, tells me to visit the nearest branch...

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @roland10,

Our development team has advised that the feature is currently in testing. Please rest assured that all our customers will be notified once the feature has been enabled on the mobile banking app.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

roland10
Occasional Visitor

hi mandy 

when will one be able to do international purchases? as i would like to pay for my itunes and amazon tv.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Ameerah,

That's rather odd, you should be able to use your virtual card on domestic shopping sites such as, Takealot, Zando, TravelStart and Admyt. The virtual card, however, cannot be used for international purchases currently as the feature is still in development phase. Could I kindly advise that you forward your digital email address registered on the app, as well as your ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "virtual card unable to purchase online" so that we can escalate to our development team for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Ameerah
Am I able to purchase via any online store using the virtual card?
Curwan
New Contributor
Hi
I'm trying to top up my virtual card but is says "Account payment limit exceeded". Should i go in to the nearest bank to change the limit.