Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Vpn for security

6 REPLIES 6
zwelimm
New Contributor

I found that using a proxy could be a better solution in certain cases. It provided a stable connection and less scrutiny from online banking security systems, improving my overall experience without sacrificing privacy. If you're running into similar issues with VPNs and banking, get a proxy might be worth considering. It’s a subtle shift but made a significant difference in accessing my banking app smoothly.

ruanvanbrakel
New Contributor

I've been using VPNs for security for a while, especially for sensitive tasks like banking. Initially, I thought VPNs were the best option for ensuring privacy and security online. However, I noticed that some banking apps and websites have issues with VPNs, either blocking access or triggering security alerts due to the IP changes. This became quite a hassle, particularly when I needed quick access to bank documents or services.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day Jn13101950.

The bank letter is available on your Mobile Banking App. Note, you should be able to download or email this letter to yourself.

Please follow the below steps to retrieve your bank letter:

• login to your Mobile App using, your login details
  • Tap on your current account tile,
  • Then scroll down to ,
  • Choose to download or email it to yourself.

Alternatively, you can request our team to email it to you by contacting 0860 123 000 option 3 then 3.

Let us know should you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team.

Jn13101950
I urgently need my Standard Bank Account confirmation letter to submit by this afternoon
Ferty
New Contributor

Everyone has their own tastes and preferences! But for me, just an impressive service is VeePN! I downloaded this app from their official web . According to its own statements, this popular application provides a huge network of servers around the world, the ability to unlock many platforms with games, music and movies. And also this resource has very serious security and privacy features.

Lorrybate
Occasional Contributor

Are they free?

lucasbrown
New Contributor

I've been using nordvpn and I love it. Bought a 2 year subscription on one of the Xmas sales. Been using it on Windows and Android, super easy to use.

There are online comparisons of major plans out there. Be careful though, there is a lot of misinformation / fake news / affiliate sites out there so it's a bit hard to know who to trust. It's pretty technical, but as a start recommend you read https://www.reviewsed.com article on the impossible task of creating the best of VPN lists. It gives a good overview of some of the issues, and what VPNs can and cannot do.