Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Whatsapp banking

9 REPLIES 9
Nduntha
Whatsapp banking
Mmakgotso

Can you guys check online if my card is active or not,I lost my ID book but I know my ID number...please help

Lsitole
Occasional Visitor
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Jetex,

There must have been a misunderstanding, we currently don't have Whatsapp Banking service available.

You can enjoy the benefits of self service through the WeChat and Facebook Instant Messaging and not forgetting the APP., USSD and internet banking platforms..

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

jetex
New Contributor

Thanks for this. However please confirm if you now offer whatsapp banking or did I misunderstand your TV advertisement.

Hayley_changed
New Contributor
So is it not available on WhatsApp then?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Jetex,

Please follow the below steps to register for WeChat; 

How to register for WeChat

1. Log in to WeChat: In contacts, select Official Accounts Add an account Enter Standard Bank and search Select Standard Bank Instant Messaging and follow start a conversation by sending us a message, for example, Hi.
  2. You will get a response prompting you to answer a few simple questions – in order for us to verify that we are talking to you.
  3. A secure USSD session will be opened prompting you to answer questions to authenticate you.
  4. Lastly you will be redirected to your chosen instant messaging platform & asked to read and accept T&Cs and you are now ready to start communicating with your banker.

Please go to http://bit.ly/2bQmYIP for more information.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

jetex
New Contributor

Hi

As a SB customer, I want to understand how I can use it. It sounds much easier than existing banking channels! Do you have any info you can direct me to?

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

What information do you need. Please let me know so I can assist you.

jetex
New Contributor

Hi. I saw an ad on TV on Sunday night which made reference to WeChat, FB messaging and Whatsapp banking from Standard Bank.

I've managed to find some well-hidden ifnormation on the first 2 but not the latter. Did I misunderstand about whatsapp banking?

If not, where can I get information on it?