Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Wrong PIN entered 3 times at POS, card was blocked

14 REPLIES 14
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lebo231.

Thank you for reaching out.

ATM and POS pin resets are only done by our branch team.

Please visit your nearest branch with your ID book and bank card for assistance.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Lebo231
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Enrico2.

Thank you for reaching out.

ATM pin resets are only done by our branch team.

Please visit your nearest branch with your ID book and bank card for assistance.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Enrico2
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @mxolisi96.

CSP can be changed on cellphone banking on option *120*2345# option 5 then 2. If your ATM pin is also blocked you need to visit your nearest branch with your ID book, and your bank card for assistance.

Kind regards,

Fana.

kupelo
Frequent Visitor
Can you please help me unblock my account i want to have access to my locked account
mxolisi96
Beau2021
I entered correct pin but machine declined saying wrong pin
What does that mean ?
Monora1

@JacqShooter wrote:
I recently accidentally had my debit card blocked when I entered the wrong PIN 3 times. How should I resolve this? Is there an online way or do I need to go to a branch?

Christin24
Occasional Visitor

Unfortunately no one will help you over the phone or even get to ask you security questions. They just tell you to go to a branch.

Dissapointing, this needs to be made easier, especially after COVID where sitting at a branch takes you 5 hours. 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Se2008,

Please can I ask that you contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or forward us a mail with your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line 'card blocked' so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Se2008
Liza120783
Occasional Visitor
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @JacqShooter 

The best way to resolve this without visiting the branch is to contact us here: 0860 123 000 for further assistance. Please note that due to security of your account you will need to verify this account through our security questions to make sure that your money is safe.

If you not sure of your pin you can follow the link for more information on how to view your pin on your Mobile App.

Link: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Key-app-features/How-to-view-your-Personal-Identification-Nu...

Let us know should your still require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

JacqShooter
I recently accidentally had my debit card blocked when I entered the wrong PIN 3 times. How should I resolve this? Is there an online way or do I need to go to a branch?