Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

cash retracted atm deposit

8 REPLIES 8
Obiewan
I deposited my rent last night and the atm rejected some notes when I took the notes out and turned them around before I could insert them back the cash slot closed and gave me a cash retracted message on the screen no slip came out the machine I called the call Centre the one agent said that they can not help as they can't check cause it was at an atm
nigeljubane
Hi ATM at Malvern Spar just took my money while I was depositing and wrote money has been retracted notes are folded. It then canceled the transaction, didn't even give me recipe. What should I do ?
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

I understand your frustration and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please forward your query, contact details and reference number to [email protected] to check the status of your  query.

zntuli5
Hi on Friday I used the ATM at brea center to deposit money into my account and the machine took my money and only gave me a slip saying the transaction was not successful and I should try again later but my money did not come out. I went to your branch in davenport and they told me they would log a complaint and the matter should take them until the 27th to be resolved. Until then what do I do ? And with the complaints I've been reading up on it seems you guys take even longer then the prescribed days. I'm not happy at all because I'm a student and solely rely on that money to survive. Rent. Transport and food
tinashechagopa
New Contributor
EVEN MY MONEY WAS ALSO RETRACTED TODAY AT MENLYN MALL AT ABOUT 18:22, HOW DO I GET IT BACK, IT JUST SHOWED FOLDED NOTES AND THEN RETRACTED MY MONEY, BUT THE NOTES WERE NOT EVEN FOLDED.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please forward your query and contact details (and reference number) to [email protected], a consultant will be able to assist you. 

cooles2012
Hi I had the same problem I went to the bank to lodge a complain and was given a reference they told my problem will be resolved in 7 days it's now been 14 days no money has been replaced how long does it normally take and what are the procedures to get my money back
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Nomzamoeh,

Please go to your nearest branch to lodge a complaint for this matter.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

nomzamoeh
New Contributor
Hello

Yesterday around 18:30 at Berea Centre in Durban I tried to deposit money for rent to my landlord. However the atm gave me an error message "cash retracted" and didn't give me a slip. And my landlord says she didn't receive any payment. This was R1600
What am I supposed to do. How do I get my money back