Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

closing banking account online

Solved
5 REPLIES 5
JacquesVally
New Contributor

Come on Standard Bank sort this out, this is starting to feel like extortion to get people to continually pay you money

JacquesVally
New Contributor

I have been trying unscussefully since Friday to close my account with Standard bank, I obtained the settlement balance on my credit card to paid in full, which I settled, I then, called standard bank and got advised that there is insurance on the card, that needs to be cancelled first, no means to get hold of that department as they dont answer!  Now I have my new month card fee, of R54.00 billed meaning the vicious cycle starts all over again.  The steps to log in and look on the left hand side for the menu does not work there is no left side menu options.  Can Standard Bank Please get this right, all I want to do is close my credit card account, and I am being pushed from pillar to post, with no solution to close it.

Prithash
Visitor
I cannot find the secure message prompt
Menzi1
My app don't have the menu bar
nova
Solution
New Contributor

Please follow the following steps to send a secure message:
- Sign on to Internet Banking with your Card number, Customer Selected PIN and Password
- Click on Profile in the top menu bar.
- Select Secure message
- In the message field type in your request. If your contact details differ from the ones the branch have on file, please include these in the message.
- Click on continue at the bottom of the page
- On the following page, click on the Confirm button

Your home branch will receive the message the following business day

nova
New Contributor

hi i would like to close my std bank acc online.

please help!

thanks 

Go to the solution >