Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

eHome Affairs

Highlighted

Hi, 

I am looking to apply for a passport for a minor(my child) and to do the biometrics and collection at Standard Bank in Canal Walk.

I have a SB account in my name and linked to my ID number.

I have completed all the sections on the eHomeAffairs site, and given my bank details. The status says it is now awaiting payment. 

On my online banking profile I have added Home Affairs to the MyBills section but when I check for outstanding bills it states that 'you currently don't have any outstanding bills'.  As this step prevents any processing to occur, I am now stuck. 

I am concerned that I am applying for a passport using my childs ID number, but the bank account is liked to my ID number. Please can you confirm if this is the case, and if it is, how I can rectify, as I can't be the only person trying to perform this type of application.

Please can you advise how I can get the bill to show up on the mybills page. 

Thanks

C

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hi

On the 10th of Jan 2019 I had a booked appointment at 10 am at Canal Walk St Bank Home Affairs.  On arrival I was told that the country was offline, hence I would need to make another booking online.

After numerous attempts and much wasted time I have still not been successful.  Home Affairs keep sending me an email notifying me that I shall lose my application if I do not respond timeously.  However, this seems to be impossible.  This morning I have spent half an hour trying to get through to Home Affairs in Canal Walk to no avail.  Two days ago I mailed the help section of Home Affairs and have received no reply.

The system does not allow me to make a booking unless I go through all the steps but when I try to submit my application the system responds with application already submitted.

Please help - highly frustrated!

0 Kudos