Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

eHome Affairs

3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Christopher27,

ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Please visit the home affairs page at: dha.gov.za. to get more info.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check from 2 - 3 weeks in advance for available dates.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

Christopher27

Have you found out how to do this? Must we use our ID as parent or the child's ID number?

StefThompson

Hi

On the 10th of Jan 2019 I had a booked appointment at 10 am at Canal Walk St Bank Home Affairs.  On arrival I was told that the country was offline, hence I would need to make another booking online.

After numerous attempts and much wasted time I have still not been successful.  Home Affairs keep sending me an email notifying me that I shall lose my application if I do not respond timeously.  However, this seems to be impossible.  This morning I have spent half an hour trying to get through to Home Affairs in Canal Walk to no avail.  Two days ago I mailed the help section of Home Affairs and have received no reply.

The system does not allow me to make a booking unless I go through all the steps but when I try to submit my application the system responds with application already submitted.

Please help - highly frustrated!

Cameron1983

Hi, 

I am looking to apply for a passport for a minor(my child) and to do the biometrics and collection at Standard Bank in Canal Walk.

I have a SB account in my name and linked to my ID number.

I have completed all the sections on the eHomeAffairs site, and given my bank details. The status says it is now awaiting payment. 

On my online banking profile I have added Home Affairs to the MyBills section but when I check for outstanding bills it states that 'you currently don't have any outstanding bills'.  As this step prevents any processing to occur, I am now stuck. 

I am concerned that I am applying for a passport using my childs ID number, but the bank account is liked to my ID number. Please can you confirm if this is the case, and if it is, how I can rectify, as I can't be the only person trying to perform this type of application.

Please can you advise how I can get the bill to show up on the mybills page. 

Thanks

C