Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

increasing electronic account payment limits

Solved
17 REPLIES 17
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello Ntombie1,

What kind of transfer are you trying to do on the App?

Ntombie1
Occasional Visitor
Good day
I wanna do the transfer with my cellphone app, but I can't please assist
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Noxx,

The best way to resolve this is to contact us or visit your nearest branch to activate this service for the first time. Note, this service can only be used on your app of via online banking after you have activated your EAP limit. Please feel free to activate this by contacting us here: 0860 123 000.

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Noxx
Occasional Visitor

hello

Im on the new app, I am using this transaction for the first time. MY limit is R0, in order fo rme to use is I must increase my limit. I have been trying to do so on my phone and on the computer but it says the same thing, it tells me to go to the bank to change it. which is something I dont want to do. Standing in long queue's the whole day is not what i am willing to do. what can I do?

Regards

Standard bank customer

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @rmedas1

Please be advised that you can change your EAP limit on the new Internet Banking provided that it has been activated at a branch or the call center (0860 123 000).  Kindly note that you have to be registered on Internet Banking, making use of the following link: https://experience.standardbank.co.za/#/login, in order to amend your limit. Please follow these steps when changing your limit on the new Internet Banking:

- Login to Internet Banking

- Click "transact" on the homepage

- Tap on "change monthly payment limit"

Click on the "change limit" tab

- Input "new limit" and "save"

Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a confirmation text on your phone highlighting the amended limit.

Kindly let us know upon completion if this process was successful.

Regards,

Mandy

rmedas1
Occasional Visitor

how do i do this via the internet banking - i do not get the option for menu and manage cards on the internet but on the app but get a technical error

please assist

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Laigah97,

Are you using the latest version of the app?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

laigah97
Occasional Visitor

I did this but it says the service is unavailable and it doesn't change my limit.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Tpgumede,

You are able to increase your EAP limit on the new internet banking or on the app.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

tpgumede
New Contributor
When can i be able to do so? On Monday maybe?
tpgumede
New Contributor

When can i be able to do so? On Monday maybe?

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please, Select the menu icon in the top left or swipe the screen from left to right

Select ‘Settings’ (bottom right)

Under the ‘Cards’ section, select the highlighted card (this is the card you used to create the dashboard)

Select ‘Monthly EAP Limit’

Select the current EAP limit amount, and change this to the new limit that you’d like (up to a maximum of R500 000)

Select ‘Next’

You will receive a one-time password (OTP) delivered to your cellphone or email

Enter this OTP

A screen will confirm your limit is updated and you will receive an SMS to confirm your limit has been changed

Your new limit is applied permanently (ie for this month, and all months after that).

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

masondv20

I can't find the icon or menu on the standard bank app

hzybrands
Solution

I'm trying to chang emy EAP limit online, but I do not see the icons you mention in the instructions.

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi,

You can set your EAP limit by using the following steps:

Select the menu icon in the top left or swipe the screen from left to right

Select ‘Settings’ (bottom right)

Under the ‘Cards’ section, select the highlighted card (this is the card you used to create the dashboard)

Select ‘Monthly EAP Limit’

Select the current EAP limit amount, and change this to the new limit that you’d like (up to a maximum of R500 000)

Select ‘Next’

You will receive a one-time password (OTP) delivered to your cellphone or email

Enter this OTP

A screen will confirm your limit is updated and you will receive an SMS to confirm your limit has been changed

Your new limit is applied permanently (ie for this month, and all months after that).

sandrab
Solution
Occasional Visitor
Can you amend this via the new app and old app?
Once in the app where is this done?
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi

Next week you will be able to use the banking app to do this, but until then you would need to either send your branch a secure message or call us on 0860 123 000.

Regards,

Standard Bank

desireefourie
Occasional Visitor