Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

online purchases

3 REPLIES 3
Luntu
Occasional Visitor
Can I be assisted as I can't make online purchases
nikita87

any link to activate online shopping???

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Castro

Merchants participating in Secure Internet Shopping service will accept payment with a Standard Bank card only if you have activated your card for the service. Note that you will not be able to use your card to shop online at participating merchants unless you have activated your card for the service.

About the activation process
When activating your card you will need to provide the following:

• Card number
  • Card verification value, which is the last three numbers on the signature panel on the back of your card
  • Expiry date
  • Name embossed on the card
  • Please enter your name exactly as it appears on your card (title, initials and surname) eg. Mr JM Smith.
  • Personal identification in the form of the number that appears in either the identity document or passport which Standard Bank has on record from when you opened your card account.
  • Enter a personal message that will appear when you are at the checkout point of a participating merchant and before you enter your PIN. See "Your personal message" for more about this.
  • Choose and confirm a PIN. See "Your PIN" for more on this.

Your personal message
The phrase you enter may not exceed 30 characters and should be unique to you so that you can recognise it as yours. This gives you the assurance that your transaction is secure.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Castro
I can't make online purchases with my card