Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Direct eft into home loan account

Solved
8 REPLIES 8
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Row50.

We appreciate you returning to us.

Please get in touch with Nedbank and ask them to give you instructions on how to process payments for better support.

They ought to be able to tell you what to look for and what actions to take while processing a payment.

Please let us know whether they were able to help you.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Row50
New Contributor

this is not the answer

I would like to pay from my Nedbank app and pay into a Standard bank bond account.

How do I set this up on my Nedbank app?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Row50.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We described the procedures to follow when paying on your mortgage.

In order for the funds to be allocated to your home loan account, please review the tagged message for instructions on how to add your home loan account as a beneficiary. Then, use your home loan account number as a reference number.

Please call us at 0860 123 001 if you do not know the specifics of your home loan account.

Please let us know if you were able to process the money and add the account.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Row50
New Contributor
How do you pay into your home loan from another bank - Nedbank for eaxmple or FNB
FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi @HenryScott.

We do assist community members, and some do offer solutions. Like your question, I gave a solution that is the correct process and goes along these lines:

You probably realized this a long time ago. But maybe someone else has this same question and stumbles upon this.

I wondered the same thing, tried the same thing, and got the same error.

However, yesterday, I logged onto my Standard Bank Banking App and went to TransactPay, and tapped on Business Directory.

Here, I searched for "home loans" and tapped on the Standard Bank Home Loans entry.

On the new page that opens, I input my account number for the home loan as their reference, along with an intuitive reference for me. And it allowed me to pay additional funds over to my Standard Bank Home Loan! However, it took several hours before it was successfully listed as a transaction.

Should this not certisfy you, please tell us how would you like us to assist you.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

HenryScott

What is the use of this community page?  I cannot see any help on any of the issues?  How do you pay into your home loan from another bank - eft.

Leo4
DM1981

You've probably figured this out quite a while back. But, maybe someone else has this same question, and stumbles upon this. 

I wondered the same thing, tried the same thing, and got the same error. 
However, yesterday, I logged onto my Standard Bank Banking App, and went to Transact, Pay, and tapped on Businesss Directory. Here, I searched for "home loans", and tapped on the STANDARD BANK HOME LOANS entry. On the new page that opens, I input my account number for the Home Loan as their reference, along with a intuitive reference for me. And it allowed me to pay additional funds over to my Standard Bank Home Loan! However, it did take like a day before it was successfully listed as a transaction.

I hope that helps. (Someone...)

CRW
Frequent Visitor
I'm trying to eft directly into my Std Bank home loan account from a different personal std bank account of mine other than the account where my payment is normally debited, I get an error message invalid beneficiary reference for home loans. Any advice how I can make this transaction?
Go to the solution >