Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Home Owner Insurance

1 REPLY 1
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Charlie73,

We do apologise for your experience on.

Kindly forward us this query with your full Insurance details so that we can liaise with our Insurance Team for further assistance.

Forward these to: [email protected]

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Charlie73
Occasional Visitor

I need some help with my home insurance that I have with Standard Bank. We purchase a home from to old people. The problem is that we were not told that the house that we purchase from them has a problem with its roof. The roof leaks every time it rains, the house is about 60 years old the roof trusses are rotten due to the fact that it leaks every time it rains. Even with winter on its way and with the dew that is on the roof leaks in to house.

I have spent about R55 000.00 on this roof doing maintenance on it with no avail, it just keeps on leaking, this is now a big problem as the water at this time leaks in to my light fittings and tripping my electricity, this has now made a new problem where I have to let my family sit in the dark at night when it rains and the possibility of making a short and it can course a fire.

All of this water leaks in to the house and drips on to the celling coursing massive stains in every room in this house. I need to have this repaired.

At this time with all the damages that I have with this home and all the money I have spent on this roof it is really becoming a concern to me to have my insurance with a company that is not willing to assist me with my home.

Regards

Charl Labuschagne

Cell: 082 664 3587.