Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Register a new claim online

17 REPLIES 17
KopanoB
Yes, my roof started leaking yesterday during the heavy rain
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Dvanschoor.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We shared steps to follow should you require assistance logging a claim.

Please let us know if you have taken some time to follow them.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Dvanschoor
Occasional Visitor
Leaking pipe from geyser into the house. Walls and floor in bathroom area are warm
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Gcp229.

Please note the ways in which you can log a claim.

1.    Email: Send an email to [email protected].

2. Logging into Insurance Online

1. Go to www.standardbank.co.za.
  2. Click on “Sign into your accounts.”
  3. Select insurance online.
  4. Login: If you are not yet registered, you will need to register after clicking on Login.
  5. Under the “My Insurance” tab, select “My Claims.”
  6. Select the policy to claim under
  7. Select “New Claim.”
  8. Follow the prompts to load the claim.

3. Use Standard Bank mobile app.

1. Sign into the app.
  2. Go to the Insurance Tile on your app.
  3. "CLAIM" will appear in the bottom right corner of the tile.
  4. Click Claim
  5. Click on the relevant policy.
  6. Accept the disclaimers.
  7. Follow the prompts to load the claim.

4. Contact us on 0860 123 444.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Gcp229
Occasional Visitor
Main underground water pipe (25 mm) burst. I suspect at the joint.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Leezahn18.

We appreciate you bringing this to our notice, and we recognise how inconvenient it must be for you.

If you want to file a claim, we have supplied more information.

Please investigate and contact us so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Leezahn18
Hi good morning, I had my geyser fitted over a year ago and now my water dnt wanna get hot.. Can you please assist thanks
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @SK8.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we understand just how bothersome it must be for you.

We provided further information about the steps to follow if you want to file a claim.

Please look into it and get in touch with us so we can help you further.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

SK8
New Contributor
Our toilet doesn't hold water so we can flush. Back door broken and window pane. A cracked wall exists too.
SK8
New Contributor
Our toilet doesn't hold water so we can flush. Back door broken and window pane. A cracked wall exists too.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Sm15.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Please tell us how you would like us to assist you.

Regrads,

Standard Bank Team

Sm15
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @Francois69.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Kindly note that we have shared contact information should you need assistance from our insurance team.

Please take some time and have a look into it, and please let us know if you managed to get assistance.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Francois69
Hi, i would like to put in a claim for my geyser thats leaking, ceiling is damaged, lights are also not working due to the water damage, iam not in the country so can only be contacted via email, [email protected]
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning.

I took some time and checked on learning item. Please see below:

What is the procedure to lodge a claim?      

If a claim arises due to an insured danger, you can contact our Claims Fulfilment Centre on 0860 123 444 - Monday to Friday between 8am to 5pm.

Who do I contact if I have an emergency outside of office hours? 

Contact Home Assistance Services on 0860 626 160. They are open 365 days a year, 7 days a week.

What is the procedure to cancel the Homeowners Insurance Policy?        

An insurance policy is necessary for the duration of the bond. If you require alternative Homeowners Insurance (to be insured elsewhere), you can request Home Loans to cancel the Home owners policy. However, you will be required to provide proof of your alternative homeowners cover to the Home Loans department. Alternatively call us on 0860 123 112 for assistance.

What does the policy cover? 

Damage to the physical structure of your private residence and domestic outbuildings, identified as the risk situation in your certificate, and where the structure is built in accordance with the National Building Regulations and constructed as indicated in your certificate.

What is subsidence and landslip cover?       

Subsidence is the gradual movement of the land from causes unconnected with the buildings. Landslip is the downward or sideways movement of slopping ground resulting from stresses and loadings exceeding the available strength of the ground. We offer limited subsidence and landslip cover, which cover you for any damages from ground floor level upwards.

What is the procedure if the bond is cancelled and they want to continue with our Insurance?          

If the bond is cancelled, please contact our Servicing and Administration department on 0860 121 141 in order to issue a policy debited to your current account.

How is the sum insured calculated? 

The Sum Insured is based on the current replacement cost and not market value. The Sum Insured is increased annually based on information from Bureau of Economics Research as well as increases in materials and labour costs of various fixtures and fittings. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured at all times. If you have made any renovations to your property, please inform us immediately on 0860 121 141.

Why are there 2 excesses for the geyser?   

The first amount is in respect of loss of damage to the geyser.

Additional excess (accumulative to geysers) would apply for loss or resultant damage, that is, loss or damage to the dwelling following the bursting, leaking or overflowing of the geyser.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank team

amoloto1

Roof leaking at the Corner so when its Raining water goes insite the House through the ceiling and the Wall .

Ceiling is Damaged  ,the wall changing colour and the Door dificult to close 

Oliviamamabel-1

good afternoon 

i would like to register a new claim on my leaking roof,the ceiling is daman=ged with water.

Regards

OM Sethoba ID 7904160554081

NORTIC
Occasional Visitor
How do I register a claim on home owners insurance on mobile app?
Can’t seem to come right on website either