Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Funeral Insurance

What is a funeral plan?         

The Funeral Plan pays out cash to a beneficiary you nominate in the event of your death.

Who does it cover?    

Funeral Plan allows you to cover your immediate family and extended family, including your parents and parents-in-law, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles. This policy covers up to five children and only one spouse per main insured person.

Who can take out a Funeral Plan?    

It is available to anyone under the age of 65.

Do I need a medical examination to join?

No.

Can I still apply if I'm not a SB customer?   

You do not need a Standard Bank account to take out FuneralPlan cover.

How long would beneficiaries have to wait before being paid out?           

Waiting period for suicide is 24 months. Waiting period for accidental death is one month's premium paid. 6 months for main insured, spouse and maximum five children. 18 months for free embedded dependent grocery benefit. 6 months for extended family members. 12 months for parents and parents in law

What are the benefits?          

Living benefits available for free to all insured persons: Doctors and Dentist Network, Optometrist network, Emergency Transport, Premium Waiver, Funeral Assist, Medical Assist, Trauma Assist, Trauma counselling for bereaved families, Medical treatment for bodily injury due to accident or assault, 24 hour HIV/Aids Helpline 365 days a year, Post and Pre testing counselling and guidance, Accidental HIV exposure cover. *Ts & Cs apply

Who can I contact for more info?     

SMS “Funeral” to 31492 and we will call you back. Alternatively you can contact 0860 121 151 and our consultants will assist you. Thanks

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎25-03-2015 08:12 AM
Updated by:

Comments
Mo28

I took out 2 funeral policies for extended family members/dependants at the end of December 2020. My account was debited in Jan 2021. The next debit will be next week. I have as yet not received any policy documents. 

To get through Customer Service has been a nightmare and I have given up. 

Who can I contact that will be able to assist??