Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EFT clearance time

How long does it take for an EFT payment to clear?           

There is a 24 hour period maximum clearance time for transfers between Standard Bank accounts, while payments to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement. Payments made into a MasterCard account take 24 hours to reflect on a statement.

What is the clearance period for international payments?  

International transfers take between 2 to 3 business days to clear.

Why are clearance times on money transfers taking longer than 48 hours (SB to SB) and longer than 72 hours to other banks?  

The clearance process is a security measure. It is important to remember that weekends and public holidays are not considered business days and should funds take more than 3 business days a client is welcome to call the payer to request tracing with the paying bank.

I have received a payment confirmation but the money still does not reflect in my account.

A payment confirmation from the sender is not an indicator that the money is available, merely that the sender has activated the transfer via internet banking.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎24-07-2017 02:32 PM
Updated by:

Comments
LeighMacD

Good day 

Please can you advise as to why an eft takes so long to clear from Standard Bank to Standard bank? I done an eft at 10am this morning it is now 14.15pm and nothing is clear

snl992000
Occasional Visitor

I am not happy with the clearance time coz the money was deposited at 13h00pm now it is 1:27 am the payment is not through as yet . 

Spoiler

snl992000
Occasional Visitor

I am not happy at all coz the EFT was standard bank to standard bank.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Snl992000,

Has the EFT gone through?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Akhona
Frequent Visitor

I am not happy either about the EFT transfers period. It takes far less time to send money using InstantMoney with a great security but a SB to SB EFT takes hours! It doesn't make sense and can be very inconvinient and decieving especially since you get an SMS notification about the transfer!

tinusbence
Hi. Can you please confirm if this ref has cleared please? Someone bought something from me and did a EFT, money not reflecting and just worried after I read that a it does not mean it cleared even though I received a payment ref. Ref:947595978 Please help.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Tinusbence,

When was the payment made and from which bank?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

cherylr
Occasional Visitor

Someone did a EFT from FNB to my Standard Bank Elite Cheque Account at 16h32 yesterday afternoon.  When will it reflect?

coetseefrancois

Transfered 3Mil from Standard to Absa on 18 December 2015, monies still not received on ABSA side, also 2.25mil transfered from STD on 07 Jan 2016 to ABSA, monies not received ABSA side. What the hell is goin on... Monies are already off of my account, on statement aas well... Someone please HELP!!!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Coetseefrancois,

Were these business personal transactions? You will need to call the bank or visit the branch for confirmation when transacting such huge amounts of money.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

coetseefrancois

Good day

These were personal transactions.

I will head into the closest branch to resolve.

Thank you. ;)

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Coetseefrancois,

Please do that because with such transfers a confirmation is needed for security purposes.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

nomathembalion
New Contributor

Hi

I made a once of payment to a standard bank account, how long will it take to reflect on that account

It's standard bank to standard but i did a once off

nomathembalion
New Contributor

Am trying to phone and i've been on hold for the past 10min and i need to let know the person whose going to withdraw, as i made a once off payment... it should reflect right?

PLEASE URGENTLY ASSIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Nomathebalion,

The payment can take anything between an hour and 24 hours.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team.

MandyDale
Occasional Visitor

Morning,

I used to be able to make an EFT payment from my Nedbank account to my Standard bank credit card and EFT the proof of payment to [email protected] and they would clear the funds immediately into my credit card, now I am getting emails saying I need to FICA, which I have done a month ago.  I have contacted support and there is no FICA hold on my profile.  Please can you advise why this system is not working anymore?

Thanks!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Mandy,

We apologise for the inconvenience. Can you please visit your nearest branch for assistance on this matter. With the required documents (ID and proof of residence).

mooketsimosiane

hi

i received a payment notification from fnb on saturday 19th time was 12:09:00pm...i logged in to cellphone banking to verify yet no fund reflect in,i went to fnb online to verify if the payment was valid and it was valid..yet on my account the payment has not cleared i understand yesterday was a holiday yet how long will the payment clear in the account.

Regards

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Mooketsimosiane,

The transfer will take between 2-3 business days to reflect.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

stef

I received a bank transfer this afternoon at 12, from standard bank to my standard bank business account - its still not reflecting ? How long does this take , and when will the funds be in my account , taking into account is a holiday tomorrow ... I have a personal account at FNB - and i never have the problem with regards to transfer times there.. maybe i should move my business account to fnb

Hugh_KZN

I am familiar with the reasons tabled for the undue delays encountered... I am also aware of the variuos systems in place, and am familiar with EFT transfer times and practices with many of the other significant commencial banks. I can confirm that Standard Bank, is the slowest / worst performer of ALL... and, it appears, deliberately so. When enquiring, the Help desk operators, who obviously are not empowered to provide any assistance other that read out the '3 working day' nonsense. Efforts to Log a Complaint were unsuccessful, as were requests to speak to someone in a position of authority... Looks like the powers to be, live behing closed doors, curtained from clients, and lead to believe their customers are 'Happy'. Can you PLEASE explain to us earthlings, What happens to the Funds... when (a) No Longer in the Payees Account... and (b) Not Yet Credited to the intended Recipients account... I.e. in 'No Mans Land?' What happens to Interest Due in this interim period? I received a PoP from ABSA on Friday Last week, and now, at COB on Tuesday... Still absolutely Zero has appeared in my account. All attempts to get someone from Standard Bank to look up and advise on 'pending-payments' into ones account hit a blank, insensitive wall. I am, quite franky feedup, not disallusioned, as this is par for the course, in terms of related Standar Bank experiences. Impossible to get to talk to people who may possibly care about service levels.  

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Hugh, forward your query to [email protected].

online_user

a Transfere was done from a standard bank acc on friday to an fnb acc, please advise, how long does it take to clear?

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

There is a 24hr period maximum clearance time for transfers between Standard Bank accounts and payments to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement. The clearance process is a security measure. It is important to remember that weekends and public holidays are not considered business days. Should funds not reflect within this time frame, please contact our help desk on 0860 123 000.

nmfinci

Hi, I made a transfer to FNB account but I just noticed that I chose a wrong branch code. Will the transfer still go through?  Its suppose to be a Swaziland branch code.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

As long as you keyed in the correct account number and details, this should not be a problem.

troberts

Good day

I need someone to contact me urgently, I had money transfered to me yesterday via cellphone and is still not available. this has happened to me before and when I went in to my Bank they assisted by clearing the funds.

today i requested the same as it is an emergency and one of the ladies was extrmemely rude and said they cannot assist. I do not wish to go back there again, I actually am considering moving banks entierely and I would really appreciate a consultant to call and assist as I know you guys do have the means to clear it.

I would call but i do not have funds available.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

There is a 24hr period maximum clearance time for transfers between Standard Bank accounts and payments to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement. It is important to remember that weekends and public holidays are not considered business days. I apologise for the rude service you received. 

paulcolesen
Occasional Visitor

Hi

A transfer was made on Tuesday 12/07/2016 from Investec to my Standard Bank Credit Card, using account number 009 738 304. Investec used my initials and surname as reference instead of the credit card number. I sent the proof of payment to [email protected] but the transfer still does not reflect in the credit card account.

Could you please advise as I find it hard to believe that it can take so long to simply transfer the unmatched payment in Accoun 009 738 304 to my credit card account.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please forward your query, account number and contact details to [email protected] so I can assist you effectively.

henry

If an eft is made from Std Bank to another bank and the following day is a public holiday, could the funds reflect in the recipients account on the public holiday?

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Henry,

There is a 24hr period maximum clearance time for transfers between Standard Bank accounts and payments to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement.

felie
Occasional Visitor

Hie

its now 3 weeks since i made a deposit to Namibia University - First National Bank upto now they are saying its not reflecting. how long does it take to reflect

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This is concerning. Please forward your query, contact details and ID number to [email protected], so a consultant can call you regarding this matter.

itaicharaz
Occasional Visitor

Hi Standard bank

Please may you improve on this issue of clearence time otherwise you will lose a lot customers due to this. I have some money which was transfered last night around 8p  but upto now nothing has reflected. This is very iritating....right now im stuck without money to pour fuel into my car. 

tasneemswartz04

hi please advise a payment was made from capitec yesterday when will it reflect in my tandard bank account as i recieved payment notification yesterday its very urgent

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

There is a 24hr period maximum clearance time for transfers between Standard Bank accounts and payments to other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement. 

Babalwa001

Hello,

Please can someone clarify me on when can I expect a reflect from an FNB EFT Payment on saturday 9am to my standard bank?  

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi Babalwa001,

I would like to assist. Please note that weekends and public holidays are not considered as business days for any EFT transfer transactions. The transfer will take anything between 24 to 72 working hours (up to three working days) to reflect on your standard bank account. I would also advise you to confirm with the other bank if the details used are correct and the transfer was successful to avoid any delays. 

GpsXchange
Occasional Visitor

Concerned about clearing times between standard bank accounts we have a medical emergency and can't access funds even after I got sms confirming txf sbsa to sbsa what do I do? 

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi there,

Apologies for your experience. You are welcome to email your account details so that we can investigate further why your funds are not there yet. Please forward your details including your contact number to: [email protected]

Regards,

Boitumelo

makmolai
Occasional Visitor

Hi 

if I want to do immediate clarance of funds when paying someone at nedbank what do I do? Other banks have immediate clearance is it available in the standard bank app

buksie

Good Day I am a sTANDARDBANK CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAT 20 YEARS TIME TO MOVE ON I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THEIR SERVICE ....TODAY 2017/0623 I HAVE BEEN STRANDED NEXT TO THE ROAD STUCK WITHOUT MONEY BECAUSE OF STANDARD BANK OFFLINE STATUS NATIONWIDE ..... STUCK WITH OUT A SENT....

EFT CLEARANCE TIME BETWEEN STANDARDBANK ACCOUNTS EVEN WORSE ...... I AM WAITING FOR MONEY TO CLEAR IN MY ACCOUNT 22/06/2017 AROUND 20h00 TILL TODAY 15:12PM STILL NOTHING UNACEPTABLE REALY TIME TO MOVE ON !!!!NOT MOVING FORWARD!!!!

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello buksie,

I understand your frustration and I apologise for the inconvenience. Did you receive your money?

Leratonkhame

Hi

New on Std Bank

how long does a payment clear from an FNB account into a standard bank?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Leratonkhame,

Please be advised that payments to and from other banks may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary's statement, while payments between Standard Bank accounts will generally take 24 hours to clear.

Regards,

Mandy

Pinkzebra85
Occasional Visitor

Why does it take so long to clear and other banks don't take so long. Please help me understand because I am EXCEPTIONALLY frustrated

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Pinkzebra85,

Kindly be advised that the our EFT clearance time takes a bit longer due to security purposes, as efforts are put in place to ensure that banking details and transactions are captured correctly. Please visit: http://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/EFT-clearance-time/ta-p/523 to learn more.

Regards,

Mandy 

Sandrasawyer

Please help urgently. How long is the Standard bank to Standard bank EFT clearance time ecactly ? Is it normal 24 hours, or 24 'banking hours' ? This is crucial info which I need very urgently.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sandrasawyer,

Kindly be advised that the 24 hour clearance time against one Standard Bank account to another refers to normal 24 hours. If you require assistance with tracking an EFT payment, kindly forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "EFT Clearance" so that one of our service consultants can look into this for you,

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Top kudoed posts in knowledge base