Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How to reverse a Debit Order on Online Banking

The below steps will assist you on how to do  a "Debit Order Reversal" on Internet Banking

Step 1:

• You need to be successfully signed-in to Online Banking (IBR) and can see the “Dashboard” 
  • Then select the “Transact Tab”. 
  • Select the “Manage” tab then the “Reverse debit orders” tab.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 16.30.41.png

Step 2:

• Select a debit order that is to be reversed and select the Reverse action icon. 
  • Note:  “Reverse Debit Orders that went off your account in the last 40 days for R200 or less.”

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 16.34.10.png

Step 3:

• You will need to give a reason for your reversal.
  • Note:  “Reversing a debit order payment does not stop a debit order from recurring. Should you wish to stop future payments, use the Stop debit order option or call 0860 123 000 or visit a branch.”

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 16.35.34.png

Step 4:

• Then select from the drop-down list on the Reason for reversing field.  The four reasons are displayed as: 
    • I didn't authorise it.
    • Incorrect amount or date 
    • I stopped this debit order 
    • I cancelled the contract 
  • Note: Below are Industry Codes that are stored at the back-end and the reason on the front end need to be matched back to the Industry Codes for storage. 

1.#30 Transaction not authorised. 

2. #32 Debit order in contradiction with mandate. 

3.#34Debit order has been stopped. 

4.# 36 Contract has been cancelled.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 16.41.14.png

Step 5:

• Once you have selected the reversal reason from the dropdown box the customer must Read and Accept the Terms & Conditions by clicking in the Box indicated.
  • Note: I understand that Standard Bank will not be responsible for any errors resulting from incorrect information I give.
  • If the reversed debit relates to a debit order you know about, we recommend that you advise the beneficiary of this dispute
    • Cancel button - enabled
    • Back button - enabled
    • Next button – disabled until T&C’s are accepted.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 16.44.13.png

Step 6:

• Once the customer has accepted the T&C’s the Next button will be enabled and the customer selects “Next”.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 16.46.41.png

Step 7:

• Note: The Confirmation page is displayed with the summary details of the debit order that has been reversed:
  • Message: Debit Order reserved successfully. funds will reflect in 2 business days.
  • You can then reverse more debit orders or select the Done Tab.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 16.58.21.png

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
‎19-03-2019 07:41 PM
Updated by:

Comments
pat3
Occasional Visitor

Hi 

On my side this option is giving me error stating ( something went wrong try again) this option has been de activated since 28/03/2019

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @pat3 

This might be due to a technical error, please try again and note this process is also available on your Mobile Banking App. 

You will need to update your Mobile Banking App Software to current update.

Let us know should you still experience any issues on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Louise5
Visitor

I have phoned 8 times and held on for hours, i have to reverse a debit order but i am not coming through.

please assist me

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Louise5,

Please be advised that you can now reverse unauthorised debit orders on the online banking platform, as well as, the mobile banking app. Please visit: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-Online-Bank... for more information on how you can reverse your unauthorised debit orders on the online/internet banking platform, as well as, https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Key-app-features/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-the-Mobile-... for mobile banking app reversals.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Sypozy
Occasional Visitor

So if it's more than 200 I can't do reverse derbit?

Zenande01
Visitor

I reversed some debit users in Friday it's Tuesday now but still the mine is not back in my account.

Zenande01
Visitor

I reversed some debit orders on friday it's Tuesday now but still the funds are not reflecting back in my account.

Mabu

Hi, how do I reverse R200 + debit order?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mabu ,

Please visit: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-Online-Bank... for more information on how you can reverse your unauthorised debit orders on the online/internet banking platform, as well as, https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Key-app-features/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-the-Mobile-... for mobile banking app reversals.

Let us know should you require further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Margaretg

HOW TO REVERSE 1300.

LouisaSolomon

Why are there no options to reverse an amount higher than the R200.00.

KhetanyAnthony

How to Reverse Normal payments 

Top kudoed posts in knowledge base