Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Buy prepaid electricity on your Mobile Banking App

Get banking that works for you.

Download the Standard Bank App and buy prepaid electricity using Mobile Banking App. 

Here is how to: 

Step 1: Open app

Step 2: Go to the “buy” option

Step 3: Choose the Electricity prepaid option

Step 4: Enter your amount

Step 5: Enter your meter number

Step 6: Review your purchase

Step 7: Confirm and verify your purchase

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-05-2019 04:26 PM
Updated by:

Comments
SimoneMtshali21
Frequent Visitor

I bought electricity on the 29th of April but I only realized today that I had sent it to my old number which I no longer use how can I get the voucher number and I really don't have time to get to a bank 

Saliwa

I bought prepaid Electricity today (25-05-2019). I used a number that I no longer use. Now I can't get the metre number. What can I do?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Saliwa,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.  Please advise if this is still an issue? If yes - kindly forward your account and contact details to [email protected] in order for us to be able to investigate the issue and assist in resolving it. 

Let us know if you still require further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Wollie3536
Occasional Visitor

I bought prepaid electricity on the 7th of june 2019. I did not receive a message. Bought again. Made sure its right number and right meter number. Still did not receive both sms's. Who can i call?

Kwakhona
Occasional Visitor

This feature has not been working for the whole day. It fails to validate the meter number which I have been using for months now, with the last buying of electricity 2 days ago.

JohnM22

Good day. Trying to buy prepaid electricity; displays message "unknown exception occurred". Same phone number, same meter number. How can this be rectified?

Lhulhu1
New Contributor

I bought prepaid electricity I didn't receive the sms until now

SG3

I bought prepaid electricity and have not recieveda voucher number. Both meter no and cell no are correct, pls urgently help!

Occasional Visitor

Prepaid electricity app sends time out message or technical error

Mosquitostd2

Hi, when I try to purchase electricity, it says 'service unavailable' . I have never had this problem before when buying electricity on the App. Please help! 

Mishy2105
Occasional Visitor

I am trying to purchase electricity on my app but it says meter not found but it is the correct number 

GHK
Occasional Visitor

When buying prepaid electricity you send an sms.

The sms does not have the meter number.

You only shows a reference number, which is difficult to reconcile with the meter number.

So please include the prepaid meter number in the sms.

Thanks

Ash08

Unknown exception has occurred  This is the message I received while trying to buy electricity via the app

What must I do