1. How do I play Lotto on Banking App?
2. What is the ticket cost?
3. What are the fees?
• The fee we charge for 2019 is R2.30 per Lotto purchase transaction irrespective of how many boards are played. (A board is a set of 6 numbers).
4. Can anyone buy a Lotto ticket via Standard Bank mobile banking App?
• Qualifying Criteria:
o You must be 18 years or older to play.
o You must be registered on the Mobile Banking App.
o You may only use a transactional or savings account. No credit card, loan account, sum1 account or business
account may be used.
5. Why do I need to confirm that I am 18 years and older to purchase a ticket?
• These are the Game rules and we need you, the account holder, to confirm that you are over 18 years old.
6. Why should I play Lotto and/or Powerball via Standard Bank mobile banking App?
7. Can I cancel Lotto games played?
• Once transaction confirmed by the customer, the ticket purchase cannot be cancelled or reversed.
8. Notification and payout for winnings ≤R50000 should be managed as follows:
9. Notification and claiming of winnings >R50000 should be managed as follows:
10. Where are the nearest Ithuba offices?
• You can find more information on Ithuba’s Regional offices on their website www.nationallottery.co.za
11. I got an error while playing, was my game successful?
12. When will the winning SMS’s be sent out?
• After 07:00AM, the morning after the draw.
13. What is the cut-off time before each draw?
• The draw is at 21.00 on draw days. The cut off time will be 30 minutes before i.e. 20.30. Any tickets purchased after this time will be for the following draw.
14. When are the Draws?
15. I have not received my winnings?
16. What are the sales hours for Lotto and Lotto Plus?
17. What are the playing thresholds/limits for games on the mobile banking App?
18. Are non-residents with SBSA accounts able to play?
• No, Lotto is only available to South Africans.
19. What restrictions are in place for under 18’s playing lotto?
• They cannot play.
20. What are the daily/monthly limits?
• You cannot play for more than R1000 a day or R15000 a month.
21. When I play Powerball Quick pick, the last number is sometimes a duplicate of one of the other numbers?
• In Powerball, the first five numbers are from 1 – 50, and the last number is from 1 – 20. This means there is always a possibility that the last number could be a duplicate of the first five numbers, if any number under 20 was selected.
22. How much does it cost to play (fees)?
23. Is this depended on EAP or ATM Withdrawal limit?
• ATM Limit is being used.
24. What cellphone number will be used to notify me?
• It will be the OTP/ MyUpdates cell number.
25. What is the “fee narrative” on my statement?
• “Fee: lotto purchase”
26. Is the fee inclusive of transaction or separate?
• The fee is charged separately, and will be reflected on the customer’s account statement as “Fee: lotto purchase”.
27. How many boards can I play in total?
• You can play up to 10 boards at a time, numbers are generated by the lotto system using Quick Pick.
28. Will i see the numbers that have been chosen for me on the app?
• No, you will receive a SMS confirmation of the numbers selected.
You can nominate posts from the Talk section to the community’s Learn knowledge base.
Just click on the Topic options dropdown above the post and select ‘nominate to knowledge base’.
If the post meets the criteria, we’ll turn it into a knowledge base article.