Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How to reverse a Debit Order on the Mobile App

Follow the below steps when reversing a debit order on your App:

Step 1:

You need to be signed into the mobile app and have accounts linked to your SA dashboard, then click on the 'More' option on the navigation bar.

You will be navigated to the 'More' menu with the Manage Debit Orders menu item displayed.

The 'Manage debit orders' menu item will not be displayed for Non-SA dashboards.

Picture1.png

Step 2:

Click on the Manage debit orders menu item.
You will be navigated to the
Manage Debit Orders page with the DebiCheck and Reverse a debit order menu items displayed.

You will then click on the 'Reverse a debit order' menu item.

Picture2.png

Step 3:

Select an Account page. The 'Select an Account page' menu item is displayed with a list of your transactional accounts.

Picture3.png

Step 4:

Select an Account page from the Manage Debit Orders page which has transactional accounts.

You will then click on a listed account and be navigated to the Reverse Debit Order list page.

Picture4.png

Step 5 :

The Reverse Debit Order detail page is displayed for the selected debit order with the following:

• Amount

• Statement narrative

• Transaction type

• Transaction date

• Disclaimer text

You will see the 'Reverse button' and will be able to click on it.

Picture5.png

Step 6 :

Reverse Debit Order confirm page is displayed for the selected debit order with the following:

• Amount

• Statement narrative

• Transaction type

• Transaction date

• Reverse reason selector

• Disclaimer text

CONFIRM button disabled

Picture6.png

Step 7:

Reverse Debit Order confirmation page will be displayed for the selected debit order, you will click on the reverse reason selector and be navigated to the Reason for Reversal page with the list of reasons displayed.

Picture7.png

Step 8:

Select a reversal reason.

Picture8.png

Step 9:

Reverse Debit Order confirm page of the selected debit order with the reverse reason selector populated with the selected reason and the CONFIRM button enabled.

You have successfully navigated to the Reverse debit order confirmation page and selected a reason.

Picture9.png

Step 10:

Reverse debit order confirmation page and selected a reason, then click on the CONFIRM button which the displays Accept T&Cs overlay page with the following:

• Terms and conditions text

• CANCEL button

• ACCEPT button  

Accept T&Cs overlay page, and then click on the CANCEL button, you will be navigated back to the Reverse Debit Order detail page of the selected debit order.

Picture10.png

Step 11:

Click on the ACCEPT button and the response is successful.
You will be navigated back to the 
Reverse Debit Order list page with a successful message.

“Debit order reversed successfully. Funds will reflect in 2 business days.”

Picture11.png

Scenarios for unsuccessful Debit Order reversals can be found over here...

Version history
Revision #:
13 of 13
Last update:
‎20-03-2019 04:52 PM
Updated by:

Comments
Mapatso
Occasional Visitor

Reverse Debit order is not working on my app,error message

is try again later..it has been over two weeks.

Nqops

There is no "Manage debit orders" on my app. There is only "Debit check"

Please assist!!!

David4
Regular Visitor

There  no manage debit order on my app,need help

Nonku76
Visitor

There’s no reverse debit order on my app while I am South African citizens.  Please help 

David4
Regular Visitor

Good day 

I dont have manage debit order on my app,its only show debit order, and it's not working on reversing debit order because I really need to reverse them I tried to call,sent email no feedback,please assist

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @David4,

You need to update your Mobile Banking App Software to the recent update and try again. Note, with the current Mobile Banking App you won't be able to see "Manage Debit Orders" hence the need to update your Mobile Banking Software. 

Let us know should you still experience issues with this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Piesang01
Occasional Visitor

Reverse debit order does not work on my app please help? 

Sithole1

But how to reverse debit order if the amount is more than R200

Sithole1

how to Stop debit order on a Mobile App?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sithole1,

Please note that the R200 is a digital/self- service limit. In order to reverse debit orders above the set limit, you will need to visit your nearest branch or contact customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to log a reversal and be assisted further.

Kind regards,

Mandy

TSNonkosi
Occasional Visitor

what if the debit order you want to reverse is more than R200?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @TSNonkosi,

Please note that the R200 is a digital/self- service limit. In order to reverse debit orders above the set limit, you will need to visit your nearest branch or contact customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to log a reversal and be assisted further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

tpr
Thank for the new app
Annette12
Frequent Visitor

All my debit orders are not showing...one that went off this morning I need to reverse!

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Annette12

Please be advised that you can only see the debit orders within 24hrs of the actual transaction. Note, only debit orders that are less than R200.00 can be reversed and less than 40 days.

Let me know if this is still an issue for further investigation on your profile.

Regards,

Boitumelo 

Mhleza944
Occasional Visitor

There’s nothing on the debit orders

BryanPrice
Visitor

I reversed a debit order at my branch and the lady told me I can do it on this app but I cannot see how when it says I don't have any debit orders on this app. Do I need to go to the branch for them to set it? 

thelmadesy
Occasional Visitor

My reverse debit order doesn't show my debit orders and I need to reverse a payment 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @thelmadesy,

Please be advised that you will need to contact customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to log a reversal request. Alternatively, you will need to forward your account details, the debit order reference, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "debit order reversal" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Regards,

Mandy

ketebereng9207
Occasional Visitor

The debit order that I want to reverse isn't appearing on my app what should I do

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @ketebereng9207 

You will need to contact customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to log a reversal request. Alternatively, you will need to forward your account details, the debit order reference, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "debit order reversal" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Let us know should you still require further assistance.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Zolisa20603147

Which number can I call to reverse a debit order, this online thing is useless and very frastrating....?