Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Request a Payment on the Mobile Banking App

Can I pay someone that uses another bank?

No, this feature is available for Standard Bank Mobile Banking App customers only at this point.

Is there a payment limit?       

Yes, the maximum limit is aligned to that of the card limit and is capped at R500 000

Will this affect any of my current card limits, for example, my Electronic Payment Limit

(EAP)?

Yes, this feature is included in your overall payment limits.

From which accounts can I create a payment?         

You can create payments from any transactional account. 

Can I create a QR Code but finalise it through tapping my phone, or vice versa?

No, if the payment was created by a QR Code, you need the QR Code scanner to finalise it and vice versa.

Must the person I am paying be loaded as a beneficiary?

No, as long as the person has a Standard Bank account and uses the banking app.

Is this feature only available on the app?     

Yes.

Is the NFC (tapping phones) functionality available on both Android and iOs devices?      

The NFC feature is device dependent.

Can I pay someone who is not next to me at the time of creating the payment? Will I be able to pend or hold the transaction?

No, this feature can only work when the person you are paying is next you.

Is there a fee for this transaction?    

Yes, there may be depending on your pricing option. (Bundled vs PayAsYouTransact). Please refer to 2019 pricing guide that is available at www.standardbank.co.za

When paying a bill, can I split this transaction between multiple people?  

No, currently you can only request a payment from one person at a time.

Can I screen shot the QR Code to pay later?

This is possible but you would need another device to scan the picture from your phone.

Will the money reflect immediately?

Yes, including weekends and public holidays.

Will the ‘Payer’ be able to edit the reference created by the ‘Requester’? 

No, not at this stage.

How long is the QR Code available for?        

The QR Code will be displayed until you either exit the banking app or go back to the banking app’s landing page.

Can multiple people scan the QR Code?       

Yes, it can be scanned by multiple people that have a Standard Bank account and are using the banking app.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-04-2019 11:39 AM
Updated by:

Comments
Gerhard9
Occasional Visitor

If i paid someone with out the option to reflect imediatly 

Gerhard9
Occasional Visitor

If i paid a benaficisary with out imediate paiment... And the transaction is aproved... But the person didnt recieved thee money yet how can i chainge it to reflect faster 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Gerhard9,

Please be advised that you can only get the funds to reflect immediately by using the immediate payment feature when paying a beneficiary from another bank. Should you not use the immediate payment feature, the normal process will apply where funds will only clear within 2 - 3 business days.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Quin24Cro

Someone paid cash into my friends standard bank account for me. When we try send an instant money voucher to my phone, the app only generates a pin, not a voucher number.

How do I get my cash