Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Using the Kidz Banking app

How do I approve/decline requests from my child for cash, airtime or data?

• Parents will receive an SMS alert whenever their child has requested a cash withdrawal from their account, or an airtime/data purchase.
  • To approve the request, the parent taps on the Kidz Banking tile from their banking app
  • On the Overview screen, any recent requests are displayed
  • Tap on ‘approve’ or ‘decline’ for the request in question

Note: children can only have one cash request pending at any one time (they cannot make multiple cash requests)

How do I create a new mission for my child?

You can create a new mission at any time. In the parent’s banking app, go to the Kidz Banking tile, and tap on ‘Missions’ to create a new mission.

How do I respond to a new mission request from my child?
  • If your child has sent you a mission request, you will receive an SMS.
  • Go to the Kidz Banking tile in your banking app, and view the mission request.
  • Tap on ‘Approve’ to create a new mission.
  • Give the mission a name, a rand value, and a due date (by which the child must complete the mission) - and tap on ‘Create’
  • The Child can now log into their Kidz Banking app, and visit the ‘Leopard Habitat’ to see the details of the mission.

Parents can delete the mission at any time by simply tapping ‘Delete’

How do I add/change the cellphone number for my child?

In the parent’s banking app, tap on the Kidz Banking tile, and select ‘Details’ at the top of the screen, followed by ‘Cellphone number’. Here you can add or edit your child’s cellphone number. Once you have successfully changed the cellphone number, you will also be asked to change or confirm the network service provider (eg MTN, Vodacom etc).

This is the number which will be topped up for any prepaid airtime and data purchases within the Kidz Banking app

How do I change the Kidz App password/PIN?

In the parent’s banking app, tap on the Kidz Banking tile, and select ‘Details’ at the top of the screen, followed by ‘Kidz App password’. Here you can change your child’s password/PIN.

Can both parents have access to the child’s account?

For now, only one parent can link their account to their child’s account, to use Kidz Banking. However, one parent can have as many children linked to their account as they would like.

How to deregister device and link other device:

The customer would need to login into to the standard bank app. Under settings there is a list of devices, she needs to find the device that the kidz app was linked to and unlink it.

Once that is done you can reopen the kidz app and sign in with her husbands details.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎29-08-2017 11:22 AM
Updated by:

Comments
TashaH001
Occasional Visitor

Good day,

I opened a SUM1 bank account for my daughter and installed the KIDZ banking app on her Samsung J4 phone.

However, we just get a black screen. Please can someone assist or advise if there is an issue with the app?

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello TashaH001,

There is currently an issue on the Android application. This impacts all customers who are on Oreo or later. The team is working on getting a new build pushed to the store, unfortunately there is currently a licensing issue that the tools team are trying to get resolved. An update will be share on our social media platforms, once this is resolved. 

Erane
Visitor

Good day has the ussue with the Kidz banking app for andriod phones been resolved yet?