Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Adding a card to existing dashboard

Solved
14 REPLIES 14
Khutso95
Ilana10
Community Coordinator

Hello Duma,

Please don't leave your ID number on a public platform, it is not safe to do so. Please let us know your query or alternatively, 

please email your query to [email protected] for assistance, including your contact details. 

Ilana10
Community Coordinator

Hello Anzelle2,

Please email your query to [email protected] for assistance, including your contact details. 

Duma
Anzelle2
Occasional Visitor

I tried adding my credit card to my personal dashboard and it's impossible.  I tried phoning the call centre twice - once they just put the phone down, second time I waited 10 minutes - I cannot wait this long for them to pick up the phone, it's my airtime and my time being wasted.

All I want to do is pay my credit card by adding it to my personal dashboard, I am receiving SMS's from Standard Bank saying I need to pay my credit card, but there is no way for me to like my own cards to my dashboard.  What is the point of online banking when you reall cannot even do the basics without speaking to a consultant.  I really do understant they safety issues involved... BUT if I have logged into my online banking via the correct safety orocedures why can I not just add one bank card to my dashboard without permission or someone else doing it for me.

Don't know what else to do??

nhymers
Occasional Contributor
Anybody out there? Still not resolved.
Lerotholi
Occasional Visitor

How do I link a new card on existing dashboard?

nhymers
Occasional Contributor

Still not resolved!

I have now spent 3 hours on the phone with various people & departments on Standard’s customer Call centre.

I finally got someone who appeared to know what they’re talking about . They advised the following

• Only the business banker can link the credit card too an existing account. It cannot be done via the call centre or any other method
  • You need to link the credit card to our bank card number 

It will then appear on the dashboard for that card.

I passed this info on to my business banker, [email protected] this morning.

She replied as follows: 

I have tried now again to link the card as requested and I am still not able to.

This has been referred and we will be in contact.

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE MARCH 4TH!

WTF is going on at Standard Bank!!?

PLEASE ESCALATE TO YOUR APP DIVISION & GET SOMEONE TO CONTACT ME

ntokozod185
New Contributor

I have one account with two cards linked to it (Debit & Cheque Card). Initially, I had the debit card then I applied for a Cheque card so then I created a new dashboard for the Cheque card on the mobile app and it works fine and all the details are there and I can see my investment accounts whereas in the Debit card dashboard I can't view these accounts. However, when I go into my internet banking I see both dashboards but only the Debit card dashboard is active and the Cheque card dashboard says inactive. When I try to activate it, it says the details I've entered don't match the ones they have on record yet I haven't changed my details.

I've tried calling to get help and I was told to go to a branch. When I went to a branch no one could help and said what I'm saying does not make sense. I don't know what to do now.

How do I get both dashboards active on internet banking??

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @nhymers,

I can understand your frustration on this and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Can I Kindly ask that you get in touch with our customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to be assisted with linking your accounts. Once the consultant has assisted you, the Credit Card should appear on your primary dashboard in the app.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

nhymers
Occasional Contributor
I cannot get this to work. I have a dashboard for one of my businesses with a cheque & call account on the dashboard. We have a new credit card. I cannot add it & our biz banker has been unable to find ANYONE at the bank to advise how to do this. It’s been outstanding since Match 4th!
RyanA
Me too. It’s inconvenient if you have 3 cards linked to one account number.
Emilio
Occasional Visitor

I've done this. But im still not able to transfer funds between accounts.

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Once you have downloaded the new app for the first time, and created a Standard Bank ID, you will be asked to link your cards (this “pulls through” the accounts and beneficiaries that are associated with this card)

Firstly, you will be asked if you have Internet Banking or not.

• If you use Internet Banking, enter the card details of the card that you use when logging on
  • If you do not use Internet Banking, enter the card details of the card you use at an ATM

We will check to see if your cellphone number is registered on the Standard Bank database. If it is, then we will send a One-Time Password (OTP) to your cellphone.

If your cellphone number is not registered on our database, we will ask you to supply it.

If you try three times to link your card and you are unsuccessful, you will need to go to the branch.

If for some reason there is an error or a problem entering the cellphone number, and you are unable to register the card, you may also have to visit a branch.

To link more cards to your app, you will have to create a new dashboard. Swipe the screen from left to right, in the 'Dashboards' section, select "+ Add new..." and follow the prompts. 

ronnetmatheba
Occasional Visitor