Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Awful service - Cape Town Thibault Square Branch

1 REPLY 1
Lydia3

I agree with you 100%.  I have now had to book a flight, at great expense! from Europe to Cape Town in order to consolidate and clarify.  I could not do this earlier because of Covid.  I no longer even receive bank statements!  Truly shocking.

MC11
New Contributor

Standard bank has such poor service for international clients (and from other reviews even SA ones) that it's hard to put into words. I have a professional account with them that I pay over R200 a month for. I was told I'd have access to private bankers all the time.

I message the bankers, I email everyone (bankers, prestigebanking, ibsupport) and the response time is incredibly slow. In fact, you lucky if you even get a response. I've recevied more out of office responses from my private bankers than I have actual responses to my queries. My banker on whatsapp actually reads my messages and doesn't respond. They apologise way after and say they'll respond at a certain which they never do.

Seriously, to anyone considering banking with standard bank give them a miss. My accounts have disappeared from my mobile app and I can't get online either and this situation has been ongoing for a month now. I don't even want to think what would've happened to me if I didnt have a bank account in the country I'm living. I would've been stranded. And my 24/7 private bankers just doesnt seem to want to resolve my situation. You have to actually beg them for basic scraps of assitance.

Avoid this bank like the plague.