Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Branch code input within app

5 REPLIES 5
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Ab2,

Please note that only registered beneficiaries will populate account details and the branch code. Note, you can use the universal branch code for that specific bank.

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Ab2
New Contributor
Hi Boitomelo

The issue is that say Nedbank has all branches on the old site when you add somebody. Now I have got to go back to a person who sends me their banking details if they have not given me their branch name and number. So you new site and app require more info than the old site and I cannot understand why!
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Ab2

I can imagine your frustration on this. The registered beneficiary details should populate without you entering them manually. Note, even if you're sending money to an existing Standard Bank account you will still need to capture the details manually.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Ab2
New Contributor
This is such an irritation. Not needed on the old site. A significant problem if the old site is stopped. Why does the universal branch not auto populate ?!
ryankrull
VIP
Hi chevons.

I was able to add a FNB beneficiary using the following unversal branch code: 250 655 00
Which branch code are you using?
chevons
Visitor

Hi there,

this is is probably going to sound rather stupid of me but here goes anyway. 

I am trying to make a payment to an FNB account holder using their universal branch code - when I type it in the app just says that this branch code does not exist. I have double checked that I am using the correct code and also that I selected First National Bank. I did. 

What is the trick to this? Remember having the same issue months ago but cannot remember how I got around it.

thanks.