Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Cant purchase prepaid electricity

Solved
Stu
New Contributor

I'm in the Goodwood, Cape Town area.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Stu,

Which area are you in?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Stu
New Contributor

Still broken... This is a major inconvenience...

Mark_Boonzaier
I am still unable to buy electricity, any update on when this will be resolved?
geraldy2k
This app used to be easy and user friendly thanks to the new update. Now it is a mission to accomplish what used to be like ABC. Please help us and bring back that app.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Arutsin

Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] so that we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

arustin
Occasional Visitor

Has this issue been? I am experiencing the same issue on both the App and on Internet Banking?

@Stu wrote:

I go through the motions e,g fill in all the required detail, the first part of the transaction takes place and i receive an sms that my account has been debited... Right after that I receive an error message to contact my electricity supplier in regards to my account.

When I check my account I can see that no money has actually been debited...

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi

This matter can only be resolved with the municipality and this is the reason why we have been liaising directly with them. We will let you know as soon as this function is enabled again.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

Mattcapetown
Solution
Occasional Visitor
I agree with thread above. It's been down for months and from some of standard banks responses they were oblivious to the issue - worrying!

Please communicate with customers. A little pop up or note prior to trying to pay would do wonders

Are we back online guys?
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi

We are currently working on resolving this issue with the Cape-Town municipality and when let you know when the service is available again.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

keedavis
Solution
Visitor

Same here...contacted City of Cape Town call centre and was informed that they no longer accept prepaid electricity purchases via Standard Bank's app or internet banking.  "Too many errors were happening" - whatever that means.

What is happening Standard Bank??  Not the most convenient situation to have a vital service discontinued!!!

carrievanrenen
Solution
Hi, I've been experiencing the same problem for months now: I'm unable to buy electricity through Internet banking or the banking app. This is ridiculous as when one needs to buy electricity, one often needs it quickly! My husband has to use his FNB app to buy it. Just tried this evening and same problem. Please fix this!
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi

For any App issues, you may either send an email to [email protected] or call us on 0860 238 837 so that we may assist you.

Please let us know if you still experience any ATM issues after you receive your new Card.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

maritsa
Solution
Occasional Visitor

I'm unable to purchase electricity on the App or on-line.  Get the error saying I should contact my electricity supplier in regards to my account which is not in arrears and can purchase elecricity through FNB???

I'm also unable to withdraw cash from ATM???  Got various error messages, ranging from I have exceeded my daily withdrawl limit to I have exceeded my transaction amount for the day??  Went to branch and a very helpful and friendly lady tried to assist me, but she has never seen, nor has card devision??  No they are ordering a new card, but it's not a card issue??

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi

If you experience any problems purchasing electricity using the App, please use one of our other Self Service Channels:

- Cellphone banking (*130*2345#)

- Telephone banking

- ATM

- Internet Banking

The issue that some customers are experiencing will be resolved soon.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

carmhayley
Solution

I have this same issue. The error message is

@Stu wrote:

I go through the motions e,g fill in all the required detail, the first part of the transaction takes place and i receive an sms that my account has been debited... Right after that I receive an error message to contact my electricity supplier in regards to my account.

"Transaction Declined - Please contact your Electricity provider for the status of your account"

Please assist? 

Stu
New Contributor

Go to the solution >