Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Cant purchase prepaid electricity

Solved
56 REPLIES 56
mrbergz
Occasional Visitor
It says my account is not registered, however I bought last month
Luan
Its 2018 and im not able to buy prepaid elec with the standard bank app. Why would I want to stay with standard bank? **bleep** useless if you cant make something like this work in this day and age.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @suln

Could I kindly advise that you forward your account number, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line " can't purchase prepaid electricity on app" so that our mobile app development team can look into the source of this issue and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

suln
New Contributor
I’m still waiting for this issue to be resolved. I’ve never been able to buy via the app. Is standard bank still looking into resolving the technical error received?
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Andrea,

I can imagine your frustration on this. Please note that there might be the service provider issues and to best assist you we need to look further into this matter for you.

Kindly mail us with your full query, account details and your electricity details so that we can look into your query.

You can mail us here: [email protected]

Regards,

Boitumelo

Andrea_Maritz
Occasional Visitor

Why can't we purchase electricity online through our online banking service?

This seems to be an issue that's been going on for years now. I have a Prestige Account with you guys... why can't I purchase electricity online? That's a little ridiculous since it's 2017 and EVERYTHING is done online. I feel like we pay more for banking so that we have these kinds of services available to us. FNB seems to have no issue with this. Should I switch banks perhaps? 

This seems to be an issue that's been going on for years now 9since 2015 according to this feed).

I have a Prestige Banking Account with you guys... why can't I purchase electricity online? That's a little ridiculous since it's 2017 and EVERYTHING is done online. I feel like we pay more for banking so that we have these kinds of services available to us. FNB seems to have no issue with this. Should I switch banks perhaps? 

Please provide a solution as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Andrea

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @59039,

Please be advised that currently we aren't aware of any technical problems on the app with regards to purchasing electricity, this could be a connection problem on the side of the service provider. Could we kindly advise that you contact your service provider for further assistance in this regard.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

I can't purchase electricity
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

What issues are you experiencing when you try to purchase electricity? 

ziyadmoosa1
Occasional Visitor
When will it be resolved as this is not making things convenient for me or others in anyway.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi terrytjjansen,

Have you not exceeded your daily limit? Please try again and let me know if you are still experiencing the same issue. I apologise for the inconvenience.

terrytjjansen
Occasional Visitor
Greetings
I get a "wrong amount" error every time I try use the app to purchase electricity .... but FNB app works first time, everytime.
What is wrong with standard bank?
nawahl2
Occasional Visitor
23 july 2016, I have experienced similar problems like unable 2 purchase electricity.....This problem has been coming on too long now....Did history check and it's been 4frkn Months n problem still nt resolved....👎👎👎🖓🖓🖓🖓🖓👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,  

Did you register your number for this service? You need to call our help desk on 0860 123 000 to register.

jvlahakis
Occasional Visitor
Unable to purchase prepaid electricity via standard bank app I live in Alberton what's happening Standard bank
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Did you register your number? You need to call our help desk on 0860 123 000 and register your number, in order to be able to purchase electricity via IB or cellphone banking.

snymanah
Solution
Visitor

I'm in the Tshwane munisipality area and also can not buy electricity from either the internet or cellphone.  Please assist.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Regi,

Which area are you in?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

regi
New Contributor
I had this exact same problem was advise by standard bank to use cell phone Banking this is since yesterday telling me that I have insufficient funds I took a drive to local garage at inconvenient time and use same account card to purchase electricity explain that
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi LiewWP,

I am sorry about this. When we have finalised the talks we will let you know.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team