Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Debit Order that needs to be reversed

Solved
7 REPLIES 7
Jasper123
New Contributor

WH;Y CAN WE ONLY REVERSE UP TO R200 TRANSACTIONS ON THE APP?

Futy
Occasional Visitor
Why am I not allowed to reverse debit order more than R200 on my own?
Why must I call or go to the branch?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @RuggedPhones,

Could i kindly ask that you forward your Standard bank ID (email registered on app), ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "error message - unauthorised debit reversal" so that we can escalate to our Development team for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

RuggedPhones
I received a email from Standard Bank stating that reversals of debit orders are available on the banking app, when i try to do it, it says we have encountered a problem... When will this be sorted?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mongezi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'll escalate to our development team for further intervention.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Mongezi
New Contributor

Calling the bank on the number to reverse a debit order does seem to be an efficient resolution given the time we are in, holding for longer than 10 minutes on a cellphone during peak time can be costly too.

May I ask standardbank to reiterate a secure message platform as it worked, some of us are more often out of the country the secure message platform really worked fantastically for us. I am pretty convinced your customers at large can benefit from this platform- nobody wants to go to the branch if they can avoid doing so through electronic platforms.

MandyP
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @Phathwa,

Please be advised that should you notice an unauthorised debit order on your accounts, you are encouraged to contact us immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Phathwa
Occasional Visitor