Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Debit card decline

12 REPLIES 12
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @jabso.

We appreciate you alerting us about this.

The branch team at our office needs to examine your card and determine what is making it decline at other ATMs.

Please bring your ID and bank card to the nearest branch for assistance.

We sincerely hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

jabso
Se3
Visitor
I'm unable to use my MasterCard blue debit card either to swipe/pay.I can only use it to withdraw at Standard bank atm and not other banks atms.It is frustrating especially because there are no longer nearer branches.Please assist.

Jerry
lizokaka
New Contributor
Good day,
I opted to replace it. Thanks for the feedback though.
Regards,
CjThomas
Visitor
Yes I have a couple of times
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @lizokaka,

I can understand your frustration on this. Can I kindly ask that you forward your card number, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line " debit card decline" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

lizokaka
New Contributor
My card is just declined whenever I try to swipe at till points despite the balance being ok. I called customer care twice (both with wait times over 10 minutes!!), but no solution is forthcoming! I've been unable to get to any branch due to unavoidable circumstances, hence I'm stumped & stuck! Super frustrating!!!
Stha117
Occasional Visitor
ME TOO.Standard Bank is Trash,try FNB
Gareth1
New Contributor
Same with me.
Debut card with plenty of balance gets declined
Gareth1
New Contributor
Moilla
Visitor
Whenever I try to purchase online my debit card is being rejected.Please help.Cant I Pay with my debit card even though i allowed online purchases on my card settings
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Tishey95,

Have you ever used your debit card for online purchases before? Please advise.

Tishey95
Whenever I try to pay for goods online, my Mastercard debit always decline despite the fact that I make use of the standard bank application and my online transactions options is on (e-commerce) I don't understand why I can't make online payments. Please rectify this urgently