Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Debit order

7 REPLIES 7
Chuck
Maybe you should tell your developers to stop being so **bleep**ing smartarsed and actually write the app like Capitecs one that is actually USER FRIENDLY. I could write a better app with my eyes closed and drunk you **bleep**WITS, Make it so thst the average user can actually use it you **bleep**ing MORONS!
Mashumba1
New Contributor
If there's no money in your account they charge you for failed debit .I'm also in the same boat as you, as I type this yesterday I went to the bank to reverse un authorized debits ,today they were reversed,another 99r debited again,debicheck feature is not working and I highlighted this to the teller who was surprised ....ayiii this bank
Anelist
New Contributor

Atleast you do not charge us for this reversal but the hassle is becoming much now. What happens in a situation where you have no funds in your account? will there be a penalty for un honored debit order? and what is the Debi Check on the app , this never works and what is the point of having this feature

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Anelist,

Please be advised that the bank regards the safety and security of our customers as crucial and has a zero tolerance approach to fraud of any nature.  Customers who notice an unauthorised debit order on their accounts are encouraged to contact their bank immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Anelist
New Contributor
I also have five (5) of these unauthorised debit orders going off my account today worth R 500 in total. It has been happening for the past 6 months its annoying
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lethabommakola

We currently don't have this feature on the app. We are liasing with our developers if this feature forms part of development plan.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Loveness
Visitor
MZANSI4U Lodge
Lethabommakola
Occasional Visitor
Can I reverse a debit order from the app?