Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EAP Limit

17 REPLIES 17
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Tsakani05.

Please be advised that your EAP limit can be activated at your nearest branch or via our customer care line, 0860 123 000.

Once it's been activated, you can decrease or increase it using our mobile or online banking platform. Kindly note the below steps to increase or decrease your EAP once it's activated:

- Click "Transact" on the homepage,

- Select "modify monthly payment limit."

- Click on the "Change Limit" tab,

- Type "new limit" and press "save."

Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a confirmation text on your phone highlighting the amended limit.

In order to increase your EAP on the mobile banking app, please make use of the following steps:

- Log on to the app,

- Select the tier that displays your balance and account information.

- Select the "Cards" option,

- Scroll down to the bottom and look for the "Cards limit" option.

- Choose the option you want to change (for example, EAP);

- Enter a new limit under "Amount" and then tap Next in the upper right corner of your app display.

- A one-time pin (input the pin) will be sent to your phone.

- Your limit will be updated.

Kind Regards,

Social Media Team

Tsakani05
New Contributor
Please is there any reason
Tsakani05
New Contributor
Tsakani05
New Contributor
How to increase my eap limit online without app
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Ramalwetse87,

Thank you for reaching out.

You can increase your EAP limit up to R500 000 on the Mobile Banking App or the Internet Banking portal. kindly make use of the online banking platform making use of the following steps:

- Login to mobile app

- Click "manage" on the homepage

- Tap on "change monthly payment limit"

- Input "new limit" and "save"

Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a confirmation text on your phone highlighting the amended limit. Should you experience further challenges, please forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "EAP limit increase" for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Fana

Standard Bank Team.

Ramalwetse87
Kgwedi1
Is there a reason why I cannot update my EAP online?
Nad
Occasional Visitor
Why does everything have to be a mission with standard bank. U go in open an account. Go home then all of a suddon you cannot transact because u dont have a eap limit. Come on standard bank, the consultant did not inform me I had to activate this. Know I have to go to the bank again? Other banks dont have this red tape issue why can standard bank not get with technology. If your consultants cannot advise us of everything surley there must be a secure platform to help us without going into the bank so much?
TracyP7

Hi there

I cannot get to a branch to activate my EAP limit function on online banking as I do not curently live in South Africa but still have payments to make. Please help urgently

Regards

Tracy

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @KellyB,

There is no set limit on the amount of times you can change your EAP limit on the Mobile Banking App nor the Internet Banking portal. Should you experience challenges on the mobile banking app, kindly make use of the online banking platform making use of the following steps:

- Login to the new Internet Banking

- Click "transact" on the homepage

Click on the "change limit" tab

Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a confirmation text on your phone highlighting the amended limit. Should you experience further challenges, please forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "EAP limit increase" for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

KellyB
Hi How many times can I change EAP Limit. I need to adjust as I submitted a lower amount than the original by mistake. It keeps giving me “try in 15mins” message
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Do24,

Please note that if you're unable to amend this via your App or Internet Banking it's because the feature is inactive.  You will need to activate the EAP limit at your nearest branch or our contact center here: 0860 123 000.

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Do24
I tried it for the several times it still says i should contact my nearest branch..it only increase daily limit not eap limit
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @MegRob

Kindly be advised that you have the option to amend your EAP limit on the mobile banking app or via the new Internet Banking provided that it has been activated at a branch or the call center (0860 123 000).  Please note that you have to be registered on Internet Banking, making use of the following link: https://experience.standardbank.co.za/#/login, in order to amend your limit. Please remember that your EAP limit allows you to make online payments and includes EFT's, to increase your EAP on the new Internet Banking, please follow these prompts:

- Login to the new Internet Banking

- Click "transact" on the homepage

Click on the "change limit" tab

Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a confirmation text on your phone highlighting the amended limit.

In order to increase your EAP on the mobile banking app, kindly make use of the following steps:

- Log on to the app

- Tap on the tier that highlights your balance and account details

- Select the "Cards" option

- Scroll down to the bottom and you will come across the "Cards limit" option

- Select the option that you'd like to amend (e.g. EAP)

- Input new limit under "Amount" and tap next on the top right corner of your app display

- A One Time Pin will be sent to your phone (input the pin)

- Your limit will be updated

Alternative you may forward your account details and ID number to [email protected] for further assistance.

Regards,

Mandy

MegRob

Hi Mandy,

I find myself in exactly the same situation. Please could someone advise if you can change this limit over the phone as I'm overseas and obvs CAN'T go to a branch - even though I have already set my limit AT A BRANCH.

Thanks,

Frustrated Megrob

AngryTracy
New Contributor

@MandyP My limit is at zero which means it can only be increased at a standard bank branch. 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @AngryTracy,

Kindly be advised that you have the option to amend your EAP limit on your mobile banking app or the new Internet Banking provided that it has been activated at a branch or the call center (0860 123 000). Please remember that your EAP limit allows you to make online payments and includes EFT's, to increase your EAP on the mobile banking app, please follow these prompts:

- Log on to the app

- Tap on the tier that highlights your balance and account details

- Select the "Cards" option

- Scroll down to the bottom and you will come across the "Card limits" option

- Select the "EAP Limit" option

- Input new limit under "Amount" and tap next on the top right corner of your app display

- A One Time Pin will be sent to your phone (input the pin)

- Your limit will be updated

Regards,

Mandy

AngryTracy
New Contributor

I'm convinced that standard bank representitives have no idea how to do their jobs. I went to a standard bank branch in Durban to increase my EAP Limit from zero and a simple task like that was no done. Now I'm sitting here with bills to pay and I can't do that.