Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Hot Card

Solved
8 REPLIES 8
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nico1234.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

To regain access to your account, our team can assist with resetting your digital profile by calling 0860 123 000, options 3 and 4.

You need to ensure that you have an existing bank card to relink your card.

Please let us know if this was of any help to you.

Warm regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Nico1234
Good Day I would like to know how does one link my account to this profile cause I no longer have access to the old profile due to forgetting my password I am unable to reset it without any card and I am unable to go to. Branch due to personal reasons...is there perhaps a way you as my financial service provider link my funds to my new profile or perhaps help me reset my password for me to login perhaps send me a link to reset login
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Igshaan.

Thank you for reaching out.

Please take the time to read the tagged message and learn how to unblock your card.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

Regards

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Igshaan
Hi please can u unblock my card I'm not sure why it says hot card
FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @Rango .

Thank you for reaching out.

Hot card is placed by our fraud team when suspecting fraudulent activities.

An SMS is sent to you to validate suspected transactions.

Our system will also attempt to contact you to validate suspicious transactions.

Should any of the above listed do not come through, please contact our fraud team on 0800 222 050 (toll free) to unblock your card.

Let us know should you require further assistance on this.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Rango
Occasional Visitor
I have collected my new card but I can't transfer money due to hot card
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @ROss2,

Please be advised that this may mean that the card has been reported lost or stolen. Kindly contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or forward your card details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Hot Card" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

ROss2
Occasional Visitor
I needed to receive a payment today from a friend and he couldn't do a eft to me as it said I have a hot card. What do I do? And what does this mean?
Farhanae
I am unable to pay any bills via my internet banking. It's says HOT CARD. I work abroad and I am unable to come into a Standard Bank Branch. How do I resolve this terrible inconvenience?
Go to the solution >